Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Click for Mobile Forums

Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 20 years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
Forum Decorum
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »
This web site is in the United States of America. This web site welcomes and encourages people from all over the world to join us, but I just wanted to state this up front so that the following is better understood.

Definition of CIVIL:
a : civilized b : adequate in courtesy and politeness : mannerly

Keyboards seem to empower people to say things they would not say to in a face to face discussion. In the United States there was a time when the misspoke word would result in a duel, with swords, guns, or knives. Later, as we became more restricted by the governments, local, state, and/or federal, it began to simply result in an immediate punch in the mouth.

I think civility is becoming lost in our society today. I think with all of the media reporting everything, no matter how gross, minute, disgusting, major, sick, or depraved, immediately and often, we as a society have become so callused we have forgotten how to be civil. Well, we will be civil here.

I like to tease; I can dish it out and I can take it as well. I don't know it all, but I do have and use facts to back up what I say. And when I don't have the facts, I state that it is my opinion. Through discussion; my opinion can be changed and I will acknowledge that. But WE WILL keep it civil here or we won't be here anymore.

Reader's Digest Quote:
"The best arguer will leave enough room for his opponent to gracefully come over to his side."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:26:08 AM by Butch »
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Offline jon p

Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »
 :ur        BUTCH----well said my friend!! nuf said,AMEN and goodnight to all.    JON P

Offline orangecorallimorph

Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
Civility:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain
ROLMFAO!!!!
Keepin' it real!! ;D

CopyrightŠ 2017, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign
  Top Watch Sites