Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: Watch crystal  (Read 1751 times)

Offline asj24h

Watch crystal
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:07:35 AM »
Hi I'm new here but I have owned a zodiac aerospace jet 24h for 14 years now.
Last week foolishly I cracked my watch's crystal :yeller and since then I have looked all over the internet trying to find information about what size and type of crystal dose this watch take but sadly I have yet to find an answer.
Dose anyone know or can help me in any way?

I would prefer to find a nos crystal to replace the old one.

Thanks for the help! :helpme

Offline jon p

Re: Watch crystal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »
 :welc  hello! any good watchmaker should have the crystal to fit your GMT. my local watchmaker replaced a damaged crystal on my 1960s black dial GMT a couple of years ago. looks just like the original. it seems to be a very common crystal, nothing special. put your post in the "ask butches  watch guy" forum, i bet he will know what size you need. an original NOS crystal will probably be VERY hard to locate. GOOD LUCK. :BGW: :BGW: :BGW:

Offline asj24h

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Thanks Jon!

But I'm not referring to the GMT model but the zodiac hermetic aerospace jet 24h watch. (see attached picture)

I will try posting in the "ask butches watch guy" forum  :D

Offline jon p

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
sorry about that, i misread your post. still, what i said still will apply, i also had the crystal replaced on my black dial JET . no problems. nice white dial, looks fantastic. i just sold my JET to a guy in sweden. pics of it are stil in the members for sale forum. good luck with your crystal. must have been a real hard hit to crack it, i hope it didnt damage anything else.

Offline asj24h

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 04:59:59 AM »
Thanks Jon!  :ur
Surprisingly it did not take much to crack the crystal I guess it's a hit it in the right place situation.

CopyrightŠ 2019, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign