Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Click for Mobile Forums

Author Topic: Zodiac Panda Valjoux 72  (Read 225 times)

Offline galavanter

Zodiac Panda Valjoux 72
« on: November 19, 2017, 06:21:21 PM »

I'd appreciate opinions on above. I love the look, but would like input on unsigned crown and case back, dial, and movement. It is all stainless steel case right? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:24:07 PM by galavanter »

Offline galavanter

Re: Zodiac Panda Valjoux 72
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
Well I doubt I'll bid, but I think this is an original Zodiac Valuoux 72 3 register chronograph. I came across the one below and a couple Clebars that looked the same. Also an identical used dial that went for $50 bucks. That gave me pause. Seller claims it is all stainless steel, and 36mm without crown. But what do I know...

For such a beauty I expected to see a write up somewhere, but I couldn't find any...
Anything here I haven't come across?

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 20 years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »
I am just not a Chrono guy. I am hoping UV will weigh in on this. I know he was having power issues over the weekend though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Offline Ultra-Vintage

• VZ Team
  • Vintage Watch Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
Sorry, the poor performance of our regional ultility company after a weekend-long severe windstorm prevented me from checking in earlier  :nosmily

I had the auction you listed on my watched items too as it is not a very common model and I have not seen one sell in a while.  It looked to be all straight, as those were signed Zodiac on the movement and inside the caseback.  I put an original Zodiac crown on mine, but I believe they came with an unisgned crown when new (as with most of the vintage Zodiac chronos).  For one that they are telling you needs serviced, I think it fetched a pretty decent price.  Considering the auction price combined with what they will have to pay for a proper service (not easy to find these days, especially with chronographs), this model has appreciated 3X-4X or more in the last couple of years.

Offline galavanter

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:52:15 PM »
Wow, too funny. I had no idea the pic above was yours or from anyone connected to VZ. I just now clicked on the link in your post, saw Russellville, and realized I had come across that recently. I'm not a frequent visitor, and didn't even take note of the watermark.

Yeah I might have bid had I not picked up my first decent chrono last week. My money is scarce enough, so I went for a historically significant movement in a relatively new model, ca. 1999. I crossed my fingers about the accuracy, and I got lucky in that it still just barely remains a true chronometer. If I do pick up a vintage that needs work, I'll get in touch.

Butch you might even like this one, as I was looking for a more refined look, as opposed to sporty. The square pushers help with that.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:57:11 PM by galavanter »

Offline Ultra-Vintage

• VZ Team
  • Vintage Watch Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 12:11:05 PM »
That one is definitely a nice addition to the collection  :sm3

CopyrightŠ 2017, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign
  Top Watch Sites