Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: Zodiac 1950s (?) two-register chronograph  (Read 196 times)

Offline radicimo

• VZ Team
Zodiac 1950s (?) two-register chronograph
« on: June 09, 2019, 03:39:16 PM »

Won this today. Set me back about $250 after exchange. Been looking to add a chronograph and felt like this was a good price for a two register Zodiac chronograph in that state, clearly in need of service.

Missing the crown but hoping it is serviceable besides that (unclear what "working" means in this case). I assume a replacement crown can be found for these, which that era I believe would be an unsigned gold crown. I'm guessing 1950s vintage from the shape of the lugs. No pictures or description of the movement so a calculated risk here for sure.

I'll post more details and pictures once I have it in hand and can better evaluate my purchase.

Offline radicimo

• VZ Team
Re: Zodiac 1950s (?) two-register chronograph
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 08:47:19 PM »
Arrived today. Brassing on the lugs where gold plate has worn, as expected. Doesn't bother me. Adds to the patina. Far as I can tell the face, hands and crystal all original and in excellent shape.

Case back and movement both Zodiac signed. Appears to be a Landeron 148 movement in there. The pushers both work (as far as I can tell). Movement appears to be serviceable to my eyes, but we shall see.

Will follow with some photos.

Interestingly inside the case back is stamped "ZodiacWLtd" above "LeLocle,Swiss" above "FOND ACIER" then "INOXYDABLE" and then below is stamped "1013" but the 3 has a strikethrough counterstamped over and a 2 stamped next to it. Odd.

There seem to be 3 watch repair marks engraved as well ... appears to have been serviced in '57, '64 and '80 ... best I can make out with my loupe.

CopyrightŠ 2019, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign