Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: Gold Point automatic Zodiac with a blue face  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Shell

Gold Point automatic Zodiac with a blue face
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
I have a Gold Point automatic Zodiac with a blue face (a ‘modern, post-1990’ Zodiac).  I understand that the service resource that Butch located does not service these type of Zodiac watches.

I contacted www.zodiacwatches.com and sent the watch to their authorized service center in the U.S., Metro Service Center in Dallas, Texas.  Their response:  They were unable to repair the watch as they did not have the bezel, movement, or any parts.   

Can anyone recommend a repair source?

Thanks very much.

Shell

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 25 years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
Re: Gold Point automatic Zodiac with a blue face
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
Sorry, not really as no one seems to have the parts for them. I will send you an email though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:51:35 PM by Butch »
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Offline Shell

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »
Prcrstn8 mentioned (in another post) that Ron Gordon Watches in NYC repairs Zodiacs.  Has anyone have any feedback about him?

Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:13:54 PM by Shell »

Offline Race-ready

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »
I know that Zodiac doesn't sell parts but for the service center to not have parts strikes me as odd.

Here's what I suggest as long as you understand that YMMV, IMHO, and WTF rules apply -

If the movement is an ETA or Valjoux than you're in luck either through the movement maker or a Best-Fit catalog. I'm willing to bet it's an ETA movement.

Other resources for parts are available, Dash-To comes to mind as I use them all the time.

Find a local watchmaker - not a jeweler - and show him what you have. Since the spare parts issues have gotten worse for a number of brands, watchmakers have become pretty resourceful.

Good luck with it.

Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information | Privacy Policy | About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign