Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: A picture is worth a 1000 words (Pics now added)  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Lee

A picture is worth a 1000 words (Pics now added)
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:07:01 AM »
but you're gonna have to wait  :D

I was researching my latest find when I stumbled across your site.

I've just picked up what I think is a late 50's or early 60's Autographic, it has a 1424 movement, and the numbers 406084 on the casback. It has a Steel case with drilled lugs.

Having looked at your gallery pictures, I note that these watches tend to have batons, or the numbers 2,4,6,8,10 & 12 on the dial, or a full set of numbers from 1 to 12 .......... mine only has 3,6,9 & 12  :o

The good news is that the power reserve indicator works, and the watch has kept accurate time in the 4 hours I've owned it. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:42:35 AM by Lee »

Offline Lee

Re: A picture is worth a 1000 words (Pics now added)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
The dial has yellowed (owned by a smoker ?), and the hands need a good clean, but it looks tidy enough if you don't mind a bit of wabi.......... but having worn if for a few days, I just can't get used to the size  :(, so it'll be off to the bay shortly.

Alas my period of Zodiac ownership will have been far to brief, but hopefully I'll be able to pick up a larger cased 1960's or 70's Zodiac.  So until then, I bid you gentlemen Au Revoir.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:57:03 AM by Lee »

CopyrightŠ 2019, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign