News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vintage Zodiac for everyday use ???

Started by pidda_sweden, May 10, 2011, 05:17:19 PM

pidda_sweden

Hello, I´m pretty new to collecting of Zodiacs and like these a lot, but would like to use one at my work also. Work as a constructor. Have been looking on ebay for some time now, but most of the guys only ships within U.S.

If you have some experience, advice or even an older "not mint" Z-watch for sale @ reasonable price and are ready to ship to Sweden please let me know.

Regards
Pidda

Butch

Any of mine will ship to Sweden (just ain't cheap), but I am not sure that you would want to do heavy work with a vintage watch. ??? I wear my collection but sit at a desk all day. Does not mean you can't, just be aware that it may require more frequent services to make it pretty again and parts may not be available to make it pretty again.

Perhaps a cheap Times to destroy at work and a Zodiac to wear to, from, and after work? But if you must, how about one of the older and smaller Hermetics (see my watches for some examples)? At 30 MM they are smaller and maybe less apt to catch on things and get messed up?

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

pidda_sweden

Hej Butch, thank you for the advice. Your Hermetic looks nice, but I´m hooked on SSTs and Astrographics. You´re right, it´s not easy to find the parts. Scrached the crystal on my Astrographic SST with the "wooden" dial last week, but I was lucky, some guy in Australia had just that one NOS. After the replacing of the crystal I´m never going to use that one at work. That´s why I´m looking for some other piece. P

dawej

Why not go for the Astrographic 2000?

I got myself one a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. Even though it's just about ten years old, it feels kind of vintage. 8)

Really comfortable to wear as well!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign