News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

fixing my orange sea wolf

Started by rhsnyc, December 20, 2011, 10:24:41 AM

rhsnyc

Hi,
Few weeks ago posted about my watchmaker wanting $750 (WTF!!!)  to replace movement and clean up my vintage orange sea wolf watch. After chat with Butch and fellow members I began my hunt for a 72b movement with quickset date. Took a little bit of work but found one online for sale. I ended up purchasing a zodiac goldenline.($135) It arrived in almost brand new condition. Ever so excited I ran to a watchmaker and he said movement looks great everything checks out it shouldnt be a problem to swap in new movement.....Except for one thing he said. The date wheel form goldenline is different than that in the seawolf. something about being different shape or curve and that it would most likely not function. I am hoping he can just clean up my old date wheel and use it?
Anyone out there know where I can get correct one or how much it might cost?
Thanks fellow vintage Zodiacs.
Happy and healthy holidays to all.

jon p

:ur  why dont you give butches watch guy a try on your repair, he may be able to sort out your problen easy, we all use him and he IS the zodiac GURU!! he has taken care of problems for me that my local watchmaker didnt have a clue how to fix! look under the repair section to get started. try him, you WILL be pleased!

rhsnyc

Yes thank you so much am in touch with Butch now. Much appreciated!
From what he told me it shouldnt be a hard fix. Will post photos as soon as remedied. I cant wait to show to my Dad who hasent seen the watch since I grabbed it from his drawer back when I was a kid in the 80's. I thought it was cool then and think its even cooler now as an adult. He traded his favorite pen knife to a friend who purchased it in the px at marine corps base in Quantico VA. 1970
He might want it back once he sees how bad ass it is. HAHAHA.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign