News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Dating Zodiacs???

Started by rplace, June 26, 2012, 11:06:24 AM

rplace

Searched the site a bit and checked out links in the upper menu. Either I am blind or search challenged. Can anyone tell me how to accuratly date a zodiac beyond the gallery pictures of the SWs with rough dates? For that matter where do I find the serial number. Please correct me if I am wrong but does not seem like a date wheel is a good indication of old vs. new as it looks to me like I see steel bezel watches and acrylic bezel watches both with no date. Also sees like I have seen the advertisements where for a given year they show date and no date.

The reason I ask is vintage Breitlings follow (more or less) serial number ranges for a given year. Long term I might like to find a 1965 watch since that was the year I was born. Corny I know, but somthing to hunt for.

Butch

Hah! Welcome to the wonderful work of Zodiac Collecting. There is not serial number to manufactre date table that anyone has ever come across. I can roughly figure them out, to say within 5 years or so anyway.

Serial numbers are USUALLY between the lugs (under the 6) or on the back of the case. The case numbers are usually inside the case back.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

rplace

What is your best guess on these two...yes two I could not resist as white non-date to go with my black date. They both look like late 60s early 70s to me, but what the heck do I know.

Butch

My quess would be your guess!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

that is a ?? we all would love to have the answer to, for sure!! plastic bezels if original to the watch usually ment early 70s forward. you find some that have bezel swaps,some are interchangable. thin metal bezels usually are early 60s forward. then there are the solid 9KT GOLD bezels......are you totally confused now, i know i AM!!! welcome to te wacky world of vintage zodiacs.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign