News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Would like help with my Zodiac with a Speidel Band

Started by Mo, November 26, 2013, 07:57:14 PM

Mo

Hello all.  I have owned my Zodiac for over 20 years.  It was my grandfathers.  I never knew the brand until today after looking at your site.  I have to say, I always liked the watch as I am a bit of a watch fanatic(i have about 20) and I like it even more now.

Could anyone provide any information on it?  Would it have come with the Speidel band or was that aftermarket?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mo

pknopp

Not original as for the band. I would consider leaving it as it would seem to have been something presented or picked out by your grandfather but I'm afraid the poor fit would bug me.

Butch

Was your grandfather a Mason? If so, the aftermarket band makes a lot of sense.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Mo

Thank you for responding.  Yes he was a Freemason.  It is something I will keep in the family. Any ideas as to its worth? There is a crack in the bezel, but if it is not worth it to fix it, I will leave it as is. 

Butch

Then that is why the band is on there. It meant more to him that we will know. $100-200 after serviced? But that will make a fine family heirloom. You should get it serviced so that future generations can enjoy it.

pknopp

It isn't a big dollar watch but it's also not a throw away watch. It's a very nice watch that should increase in value over time.

If it was mine, I would get it serviced and wear it. Obviously it has been worn which means your grandfather had good taste's in watches. We have here an excellent source for service on Zodiac's. If you do it locally don't let anyone talk you into anything more that a crystal replacement, clean and service.

Mo

Great input.  I love the fact that after all this time it just takes a twist of the wrist and it's ticking.  Thank you Butch and pknopp. 

Butch

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign