News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Lucky find? New member needs input

Started by jad543, November 06, 2016, 12:01:44 PM

jad543

I recently "found" an automatic SST 36000 but have not been able to find much info on it. It is all stainless and looks like the band is the original one - it looks awesome and runs and keeps time! I have not opened it as it is a little too cumbersome for me. I am taking it to my watch repair guy for him to check it out. I am interested in learning more about it, my reason for joining. Any information will be appreciated.

Butch

That is the original band and the watch looks to be in good shape. It is from the 70's. If you are a collector you might want to check out the catalogs.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jad543

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, it is a man's watch and too big for me so I plan to sell it.

jon p

you can sell it right here and a lot of true Zodiac collectors will see it.

jad543

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that and have been researching prices but have not had much luck finding a price for a comparable watch. Found one on eBay just like mine but with a leather strap and they are asking $385. I don't know if that is a high price for it, or if I should price mine higher because it is in great condition with original bracelet. I would like to find out what a fair price range would be. Can use some guidance!

Butch

You could always put it on eBay for a 10 day auction and start it at $9.99. This would let the market determine the value and you just may be very surprised.

You have not struck gold. And whoever buys it has to spend $200 on a service.

jad543

Thanks, Butch - I'll keep that in mind. I sell on eBay but I don't like to do auctions anymore. I didn't do well when I was doing them a few years back - I could not even get my money back. And now things have gotten worse, as I myself have bought some really good deals buying at auction. And that begets the question: when you say I may be very surprised, is that in a good way or as in disappointed?

Butch

As that has the original crown and band, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. If you paid $100 for it, then start the auction at that price. If you paid more than that, I'm sorry.

While there are collectors that MAY pay $385 for that, I would not. I think sellers on eBay do not have realistic pricing, especially as their watches need to be serviced after the purchase.

Nomadgi

From research of 70's high beats (and owning a couple now - 1 zodiac and 1 girard perreguax) I'd say $200 or less for a good condition zodiac 36000 without a service from a recognised and warranted watch maker. Maybe up to $300 with full service and warranty. I've seen the eBay one at £385 and can imagine it'll sit there for some time. Your particular design is VERY 70's and, whilst I like them, they're not everyone's cup of tea, irrespective of condition. Good luck with a sale.

jad543

Thanks a lot, Nomadgi! $200 is what I had in mind, so I feel better now. And I agree with you - it is a nice-looking watch but not everyone would like it. I may post it here next week.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign