News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Added another Zodiac to the collection

Started by ScottB, May 22, 2020, 09:48:53 AM

ScottB

I'd been looking to add a Sea Wolf to the collection and managed to snag a super deal this week. The watch was advertised as "runs and then stops randomly". I think the seller just wasn't that familiar with automatic watches.  I wore if for about 6 hours and then took it off overnight and it kept time perfectly! The one thing that is throwing me off a bit are the 12-3-6-9 markers.  I have seen some examples where the numbers are bolder than others, but not mixed on the same watch.  The lume is consistent on the markers and the hands as well.  It glows pretty brightly, which makes me wonder if it might have been redone?

The watch came on a stainless bracelet of some sort. Very hideous. I put it on a black strap I had, it's a little too big but works for now.  I really prefer a stainless bracelet, but I think that's going to be a quest to source.  I'm kind of digging the black strap.  If I could source a 16MM silver Zodiac buckle, I might go that route.  Or both!

I had not seen a Sea Wolf in person prior to getting this one.  It really is a striking timepiece!

Butch

Nice specimen! Yes, the markers look redone, but no biggie! Watchmakers can add stuff to the lum to age it.

If you do not know the service history then get it serviced. See the watch repair tab for why.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

ScottB

Thanks! The lume doesn't bother me, really. I figured it had to have been redone to be as bright as it is.

I will definitely be emailing you next week about the BWG to have this watch serviced. I'm just going to enjoy it for a few days before i have to ship it off!

Butch

Blubarb

YuriyV

Quote from: ScottB on May 22, 2020, 11:37:46 AMThe lume doesn't bother me, really. I figured it had to have been redone to be as bright as it is.

I will definitely be emailing you next week about the BWG to have this watch serviced. I'm just going to enjoy it for a few days before i have to ship it off!

Whole dial is refinished. Not just lume. I'd suggest to find a replacement before shipping it for service.

Butch

I did not realize you could click on the pic, thanks Yuri. Yes, it does look redialed, but one of the best I have seen. I would keep an eye out for a replacement dial but as they are hard to come by in good shape I would not have ajada over it Scott.

ScottB

Well, not greatly surprised that the dial is refinished, because it does look so sharp.  Don't think I'll fret over it.  To the naked eye, or at least my naked eye, it is pretty undetectable. It also runs amazingly.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign