News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Another "How Old is This" Post

Started by bga, August 09, 2010, 04:04:20 PM

bga

My apologies, but I am trying to figure out the age of my Autographic.  I emailed Zodiac thinking that they would have the historical database available, but they do not.

Some pics would probably help:

Movement

Case Back

Glamour Shots

Is there a database/rule of thumb for the serial numbers?
- Serial Number on Case is 1112xxx

Any help is appreciated - thank you!
B

jon p

dont waste your time on the current zodiac owners--they know nothing about the old REAL watches and to tell the truth they DONT CARE!!! take a look at the gallery under power reserve,you should find your watch there. butch can probably shed some light on it also. i dont believe there is ANY info about serial numbers, cause zodiac has been through SO MANY owners over the last 20+ years.your watch IS very beautiful, that dial looks new. does the power indicator dial work properly? a lot of these have problems, i hop yours is NOT one of those. a real nice piece of zodiac history, treat it gently, get it cleaned and enjoy it.  JON

bga

Thank you for the compliments.  There is an exact match in the photo gallery, but unfortunately, no dates associated.  I would have to guess mid to late 50's by looking at the other pictures.  Feel free to throw out other ideas.  It is a shame that the history has been lost.  I have some older Hamiltons as well and the information available is fairly significant.  Really helps as you try to gather the history on a piece.

The watch has been cleaned and the movement inspected.  It was a bit of a diamond in the rough when I got it - all works as it should.  I really do enjoy wearing the watch.

Thanks again -B

jon p

:) i guess late 50s, maybe one of the other members knows better. yeah, zodiac REALLY went down the crapper after the 90s. i also collect vintage bulovas and there is plenty of info out there. bulova uses the BEST dating codes in the watch industry, you can narrow down a watch to the year it was made.  JON

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign