News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My New Sea Wolf

Started by funnyfreak, October 17, 2010, 03:31:07 AM

funnyfreak

Hi everyone.  I'm brand new to the vintage Zodiac arena.  After a couple years of trying to find one I was happy with, I bought the watch in the pictures.   Overall I'm very happy the condition of the watch.  However, I'm having trouble keeping the watch running.  Seems like it will run anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, then just stops.  If I shake it, it starts up again.  I found directions to set the date, but none on winding the watch so I need help.

Also, I have never seen this band before.  It's stamped a Zodiac though, and I really like the look of it.  Any ideas where it's from?  It looks like it might be possible to remove a link but I can't quite tell.  If you know how please let me know.

Thanks for your help - Josh

Butch

Hi Josh! Welcome aboard.

Automatics have to be wound the first time you put it on. Wind it 20-30 times and then wear it. If you do not wear it all the time you will have to wind it. Caution though, if you do not know the service history, get it serviced now.

I have never seen that band on a Sea Wolf, but as I always say, the jewelers back then would swap the bands on models to make a sale to the customer.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

JOSH----welcome to the forum. NICE seawolf and a good looking bracelet. the only way you can size this one is to make adjustments on the clasp, just move the clasp to different holes to tighten it up. if you dont have the right tool i have found a round tooth pick works great. just push in the pin move to the next hole and then do the same on the other side. be VERY careful not to let the pin fly out so you dont loose it. BUTCH is right, get it serviced soon.our watch maker is fantastic, see the forum section about repairs. i love my white dial, just got it back from cleaning by BWG.   JON P

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign