News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

FS: Mens GP Zodiac Olympos w Original Bracelet And...

Started by reydelaplaya, May 06, 2011, 09:17:43 PM

reydelaplaya

Up for sale is a Men's Zodiac Olympos Mystery Dial Automatic and a Women's Olympos Manual Wind (Set).

The men's Olympos has a gold plated case and the original signed JB/Zodiac gold plated bracelet. Both the case and the bracelet show wear consistent with the age and use of the watch.

The case shows some brassing at the lug edges, and light/medium scratches on the top and reverse. They don't show well in the photos, which are unretouched and only cropped for detail. There is also some pitting in the gold plating on the back at the raised points of the underside.

The dial and the inner signed bezel are nice, and have a beautiful vintage gold hue.

The painted hour hand looks as if it may have had a jeweler's touch-up in a spot during it's lifetime, and the minute and second hands are straight and sharp and have a light vintage patina as well.

The low profile plastic crystal is original, and has some light hairline scratches that would probably polish out.

The signed Zodiac crown is original and plated, but the plating has worn to a more silvery appearance on the face. The coin edge is still quite sharp and still retains its gold plating.

The original signed JB/Zodiac bracelet is gold plated as well, but its plating has worn considerably on all its raised edges. Its Signed JB/Zodiac clasp functions properly, but also shows plating wear and light scratches That said, the bracelet is intact, and a rare original find with its deep curved ends fitting perfectly into the recesses of this unusual, odd shaped case.

The 17 Jewel Automatic 70-72 movement is clean and bright and Hack function works properly, and is running with good timekeeping. I had it in for a full service in the Spring of 2008. (When I took it in for service, my local jeweler, Roberto, took off his R0lex and slipped on the Olympos, all the while telling me, "Wow, this is a beautiful watch!") His, and additional service marks are inscribed inside, showing that although this watch was worn, it was also mechanically well taken care of.

Caseback fits tightly, and has knife scratches here and there.

On the wrist, it's a classy looking vintage watch, fantastic in daylight, and still complete with its bracelet after all these years. In my humble opinion - out of ten, this watch is about a 6+ due to it's physical wear, but nice dial and clean movement; and the bracelet about a 4. You might rate it higher.

Included in this sale is a matching Ladies Gold Plated Olympos wind-up cocktail watch. It has the same trademark Olympos case shape as the men's, and comes with what may even be the original plated bracelet signed Speidel. If it's not the original, it sure looks like it should be, and compliments this watch quite nicely. Its case is in nice condition, showing less wear than the men's. It has a low profile glass(?) crystal which is in great shape. The signed Olympos dial has a scratch at 6min and has a patina throughout. That little 's' on the dial was a piece of lint on the crystal, it's gone. It is ticking when wound, but it is in need of a service as the hour and minute hand stick to each other at times. The movement, a 17 Jewel Caliber 15 (about the diameter of a dime), is also in clean and bright condition, but has not been serviced during my ownership nor do I see any service marks inside. It is included together, as they make a nice matching set.

The Olympos box is *not included* but is available for sale separately if interested - or make me an offer for the whole package if you want.

$250 For The Pair - Offers Entertained, PM Me

Got Questions? Ask me, I don't bite.

I can let this simmer for about a week, after that, it's off to xXxy.

Butch, once again, thanks for the For Sale page! You're Awesome, Dude!

$5 to Send Priority in the U.S. *I Pay Insurance And Tracking*

Elsewhere - At Cost To Ship + Insurance, PM Me Your Info

PayPal

reydelaplaya

PS: That box is nice, if you're interested... Got it from BWG a couple years ago.

Lemme know! ;)

reydelaplaya

Once again, just like my other for sale, the price listed is not serious, and is only just to be following house rules of a price tag.

Offers are obviously considered.

reydelaplaya

[Crickets Chirping]

Wow, nobody?

Tough crowd, huh?

I guess I should have known better since it's not stainless steel, doesn't have a rotating bezel, and isn't pressure tested to 20 ATM. ;D LOL

The way gas $ is going, we may see one or two of those soon enough.

Sooooo.....

if nobody objects, I'm gonna try my luck on xXxy.

Butch

Some just don't recognize a deal when they see one Rey. Maybe I just need to rename this joint

VintageSeaWolf-Astrographic.com.

;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

reydelaplaya

Well Butch...

Knowing which models usually dominate the conversation here, I wasn't sure if this would get any attention or not, but I figured it more polite to offer it here to fellow forum members first, than to just list it on xXxy and not say anything.

Butch

You are a gentleman Rey, and a true asset to VZ. Thank you.

reydelaplaya

Aww shucks Butch, thanks.  It's been a pleasure being part of such a great group here at VZ!

L. Ocle

I suppose they are not available any more...  :(

I should have registered earlier...

Butch

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign