News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

The Great Astrographic

Started by Sea Wolf, June 13, 2011, 06:42:57 PM

Sea Wolf

I purchased this Astrographic on the bay, it was broken and the crystal
had a huge scratch across the face, but it had the original band. 
I sent it off to BWG in hopes he could find a new crystal or had one in stock and that he could restore
it from the graveyard.

BWG said he did not have the crystal and would look for it and store the watch in his safe until he or I found one.

That was almost 3 years ago.

Last Friday, BWG said he had found a NOS crystal for my Astro and the watch arrived today  :o
:ur

This Zodiac stand also arrived today, so I thought a photo shoot had to celebrate this day.

I can not say enough about BWG, he is the best!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:wehe      seawolf--this just goes to show good things DO  come to those who wait!! beautiful watch, my friend. the zodiac display is really unique, where in the world did you find it!? is it metal?   JON P

Sea Wolf

Thanks Jon,

Yes, patience does work with Vintage Zodiac collecting.  You can get what you want if you can wait  ;D.

I have seen a few of these go up for sale in the past, the Zodiac stands.  Butch has one and I really liked it so I have
been looking now for a while.  One was on the bay last week for too much and made an offer that was accepted.
Still paid too much but I don't feel so bad now that it arrived with a proper mate.

The stands are dealer stands made by the company we do not speak of.  Not sure if they are still producing them or if the dealers
are just selling them now.  I think mine came from a store that sold it.  I would say it's made of something maybe plaster and painted silver.  It's heavy and detailed.  Really like it sitting on my desk looking at me.

I noticed you used one of the new smileys  :sho  Not sure if Butch likes them :yeller
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

Nice Astro SW! I saw your watch when you got it so know this is original. That black on white crystal is extremely rare in good condition so take care when wearing it man.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Sea Wolf

I found the original photo of this for comparison.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Sea Wolf

Both versions.  Of course Zodiac slung the ladies model over his shoulder  ;D

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Ultra-Vintage

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign