News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

FS: GP GIGANTIC Zodiac Digital - Original Bracelet

Started by reydelaplaya, July 13, 2011, 05:46:01 PM

reydelaplaya

Hey folks, got another Zodiac up for sale.

The Fat:  Look at it, do they really get any fatter?

The Skinny:  First off, I don't know if it works as I don't know what battery it takes, and I really don't want to take a chance of doing damage to a 30-40 year old module by playing battery-roulette.  I've considered sending it off to BWG to see what he can do with it, but I have come to the conclusion that gold watches don't look right on me anyway (a couple more 0's on my yearly salary and they might start to look better, but for now stainless steel is more my color).  LOL There's a member here who has a similar style with the same module, and I've asked him what battery his takes, but I have yet to receive a response - maybe he can clue me in to what it takes so I can try it.

The LCD screen looks dark (AKA shot), it's not, just my photography, not the watch.

(I guess now we should all start sending out our FS watches to Sea Wolf for professional pix in his lightbox - for a commission, of course!) LOL

Anyway it's a very great condition retro-digital case and bracelet, bordering on fantastic.  Not quite NOS, as it has a some light hairlines on the bracelet and shiny part of the bezel and dings at about :49 and :45 (assuming we can use that as reference on a digital.) LOL

Unfortunately, nowhere on the dial is written 'Sea Wolf Automatic', 'Aerospace GMT', nor '20 ATM' on its stainless screwback, although it is shown with a Sea Wolf for size comparison. ;) In fact, I highly doubt you'd want to get this one wet for fear of getting electrocuted by that electrical sub-station of a module inside.

So, if you like big gaudy mid-late 70's Shiny/Matte gold plate retro rare Zodiac super gigantic digital watches and have the little extra green to get that module running - possibly, though possibly not, with just the right battery - this watch is waiting for your $150 PayPal to have it shipped insured and tracked directly to your wrist!

You might, however, consider it just to plunder the bracelet, as that's the same one they used on some of the later Astrographics. Otherwise it's headed to the bay on Sunday to try its luck there.

Anyway, pix are best description of this one.
Any questions about it, you know where to find me. :)

Thanks for checking it out!  And thanks again, Butch for letting us put these up here!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign