News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT with gold bezel

Started by jon p, October 04, 2011, 08:37:02 AM

jon p

:what  ebay ##220865493809. first one of these i have EVER SEEN!!! it even has the original bracelet. i think it will go pretty high, it is just sitting at $200. now. sure needs a new crystal but looks good overall. a scarce version of the great GMT.

Butch

I agree Jon. In checking all the catalogs I only see a TT GMT in one, all the other years do not have one.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I have only come across one in 10 years, and was lucky enough to buy it  ;D (see "What are you wearing today thread").  Someone here should snag that one!

jon p

:wehe    UV---nice one, i think the one for sale could be brought back to its original glory also, it really doesnt look bad except for the crystal. from the pics the dial/hands look very good. plating on the band--which may be full length from the pics-- worn BUT that is to be expected.  your shovel hand is fantastic too, two lucky finds. is this a solid gold bezel like the sea wolfs, or is it plated as the gallery description states for this model pictured? i believe i read somewhere that the solid gold bezel on the SW is 9KT gold.

Butch

According to the one Zodiac catalog it is listed in it is 9K.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

:agreei   It is a solid gold bezel.  From all appearances, the one in the listing should restore nicely.

jon p

:wehe :wehe        UV--I GOT IT!! i am so excited ! i think i did well, see the other post on 2 tone gmt.

jon p

:wehe  i have been wearing it for a week now, stays within 1-2 minutes a week, not bad not knowing its service history. was BETTER than sellers pics and bracelet is VERY long, had to remove 2 links plus go about half way into the clasp adjustment. gold plate on bracelet VERY good, it is just the typical zodiac "faint" color, not a bad thing, doesnt look too flashy.  the gold bezel makes it look like a million bucks when side by side with my chrome bezel model!! i have had a LOT  of compliments on it. one plus is the fact it is a quick set date movement, which i did NOT know--and seller didnt either-- until i received it and tried to push in the crown--surprise surprise!! SHAZAM!!! crystal excellent with only a couple of faint scratches that i think will be gone with some more polishing. it still will get a trip toBWG later on, dial is perfect but it and hands could stand a cleaning plus a good case polish where the back has been incorrectly pried off. engraving on back deep/clear. does anyone know if the gmt had the brushed section on the center of the back?? the bezel clicks FAINTLY, but BWG will probably be able to tighten it up.i do not want to take a chance on loosing it--for sure!! i never turn my bezels, so if it wont move it is no big thing to me. i am a little worried because the crown is REALLY STIFF when i try to manual wind it, i hate to put extra strain on anything, another job for BWG.

Nateb123

Congrats!  I think we need some wrist shots of it :P  It's a beaut.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign