News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

FS NOS - Zodiac Astrographic 2000 - Mint Condition/Never Worn

Started by LexLoci, November 04, 2011, 04:24:14 PM

LexLoci

SOLD!!!!

evghenii

1300$???!!! Itstoo expensive. I could sell  my round black astro 2000 for 1000$)))

LexLoci

Value is in the eye of the beholder, and a function also of supply and demand.  There are many more round ones available than the square television case model I am selling. In addition, the only other square one out there for sale is on E-bay and has a grey dial and scratches, while mine is in MINT condition. I bought it a month ago, and it still had all of the plastic safety wrapping on it (which I took off to ensure that it did not mar the finish and to photograph the watch).

Truthfully, I would rather hang onto this watch than sell it for less than $1,200 - $1,300, because I am very confident that it will only increase in value over the next 5 years.

evghenii

May be you know, where I can buy astro2007 with yellow dial?  And how much hes cost?

LexLoci

I saw one of the 2007 125th anniversary "astros" on sale recently on ebay. It did not have a yellow dial however....

In my humble view, these 2007 ones are inferior as they were made by Fossil and not the original Zodiac company....plus they don't feature a true "mystery dial".

Butch

Now I have to jump in, having owned one myself. You are wrong on all counts Lex.

The 125th Anniversary edition is excellent in every way. My legal agreement keeps me from commenting much further but the truth of the matter it that, to date, it is the only model manufactured by the current brand owners with the outstanding industry standard ETA 25 jewel automatic movement, it does have 3 mystery disks as all previous versions of the Astrographic you refer to, and it was manufactured to the highest standards of the Swiss watch industry. It is a solidly built heavy duty example and a true credit to the model's legacy.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

LexLoci

Butch, you are the expert, so I defer to your knowledge.

I suppose what turns me off somewhat is the fact that the hands on the 125 anniversary model are outlined, and don't appear to "float" like the other astros. It is thicker/bulkier like the originals, (which is cool) whereas the 2000s are much slimmer and "dressier". So, it depends on what you are looking for.

Everyone's view on aesthetics differs. But I am glad that the quality of the anniversary astro is in keeping with the Zodiac standards and history.

Lex

Butch

Also consider that they are 7 years apart too. Styles change. Once you hold it is becomes much more apparent.

I personally am not a fan of today's LARGE watches. The 125 is huge and HEAVY.  Ahh, but I guess that is why I collect Vintage ones...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Nateb123

What is the width of this by the way?  I got my Olympos SST because it was a bit bigger at 40.5mm but all my more modern watches are 42-48.

LexLoci

The television case Astro I am selling measures 34mm in width, 42 mm in diameter (corner to corner), and is approx 12 mm thick. 

It is a very sleek and modern presentation.

Just checked around online, and you can only find a few round ones, and one television case with the grey face for sale, mine is the ONLY black face model out there for sale, as far as I can see....

LexLoci

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign