News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My first good watch...

Started by LeftAngle, November 27, 2011, 12:00:53 PM

LeftAngle

In 1962, I purchased my first "decent" watch (one that wasn't a Timex) in California, when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.  I loved the large lum triangle and hands that allowed me to see what time it was all night long.  A year later, I was on board a Navy transport, working it's way north off Vietnam.  I was standing on deck, with my arms folded, leaning on the rail, when "pop", the clasp, or one of the pins let go and I watched it pirouette into the South China Sea.  I think it wanted to explore the reefs there...  My question is, do you think it's still in operating condition?

Butch

Well, one thing is for sure, it is not running any more. The Sea, and its salt, does reclaim all I would think.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

LeftAngle

Ahh, I was afraid of that... 50 years of Post partum remorse is probably long enough, so I guess it's time to start looking around for another one.

LeftAngle

My bad... It was 1965, not 62... Senior moment.

jon p

:shuc :yeller  never fear, there are plenty available to reclaim your memories, start looking!! i have a sea wolf i bought new at ft benning GA in 1968. if it could talk the stories it could tell! whoa, i guess it is better that it stay quiet. good luck on your quest, be sure to check em out here BEFORE you buy.

LeftAngle

I certainly will.  My wife has to get over the shock of my new Accutron Spaceview first before I start actively looking for a " What... ANOTHER watch!?":) Thanks

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign