News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Need help finding a movement - Ladies Astrographic Gold

Started by Oneklassy1, December 19, 2011, 10:59:41 PM

Oneklassy1

Hello everyone,

Pleasure to be with others who appreciate the vintage Zodiac watches.  I bought my Zodiac new in Basel, Switzerland back 1972.  It is the Astrographic SST (Mystery Dial) Gold.  Still have it, works perfectly, and have kept it maintained through the years.  Later, I bought a matching Ladies (Mystery Dial) Gold Astrographic Gold with the Brushed Brown Dial for my wife.  Through the years, we have always had the scheduled maintenance performed on them about every 3 years. 

Today, we took them in to our longtime watch repairman for servicing as both had started the usual loss of time indicating repair time.  My wife's Zodiac however had completely stopped and would not run.  Upon opening the case, he found a bit of rust and after looking further, he told us that the movement on hers is irreparable.  Some parts inside were broken.  He didn't have any parts for it.  So, I told him I would try to find a movement for it and that is where I hope someone here can help us.

The movement numbers he said are 45-47 although the 45 looks to be a 46.  Does anyone know whether a movement can be obtained for this watch?  I attached a photo of the front of the watch.  I will attach a shot of the movement tomorrow if needed.  Thanks much in advance!

Sincerely,

Ibrahim

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign