News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD : ZODIAC Chronograph Buren12 NOS

Started by compi, December 22, 2011, 07:30:45 AM

compi

+++++++++++  SOLD ++++++++++

Offered for sale is a vintage Zodiac chronograph wrist watch, ca. early 1970s.  This watch features a solid stainless steel case, a 17-jewel Zodiac cal.90 (Buren12) manual-wind chronograph movement with 30-minute and 12-hour recording functions as well as a date indicator, and a grey/blue dial with creme white subdials and tachymetre and red pulsimeter scales.  The case is in very good, almost new condition. The whole watch is in excellent original condition.  Overall, a very presentable watch that is ready to wear or present as a wonderful gift to a person who appreciates fine timepieces.  The movement is in excellent running order, and all of the chronograph functions work correctly.  Size: 44mm diameter w/o crown.  Signed case, case bottom,  crown, dial and movement.  The same model movement used in this watch was also used in many other very high grade chronograph watches.  You can own this high grade, attractive, vintage Swiss-made chronograph watch with the very desirable Buren12 movement for $1950,-.

LexLoci

Gorgeous watch,  8) but oh man are you in for a rude surprise! The members here squawk like chickens run over by a 10 speed bike when a watch is offered for more than $300 bucks... Nice of you to post it, but if you manage to sell it to someone on here for anything close to what your'e asking, I will pass out from pure shock!

davec73

Quote from: LexLoci on December 22, 2011, 06:36:55 PM
Gorgeous watch,  8) but oh man are you in for a rude surprise! The members here squawk like chickens run over by a 10 speed bike when a watch is offered for more than $300 bucks... Nice of you to post it, but if you manage to sell it to someone on here for anything close to what your'e asking, I will pass out from pure shock!

Classy as always.   :o

LexLoci

evghenii

Butch

A man's price is a man's price. The buyer's may be different though.

I like what my grandfather used to say, "A man's got three prices, wantin, askin, and takin."

Good luck! I once sold a Zodiac 3 register chrono with GMT function for that price.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Sharp watch.  I need one for my collection, but the lump of coal that I will get in my stocking this year will not quite cover it.....

compi

Thank you for the many friendly responses. Here is another photo.

Oliver

What a GORGEOUS watch! Excellent!  :ur
Ich bin eifersüchtig! (I'm jealous!)

LexLoci

I am happy to say that this excellent and pristine watch will soon be on its way from Germany to Toronto.  ;D

Thanks to Compi for offering up this fantastic vintage Zodiac chronograph.

Cheers,

Lex

Butch

LexLoci

Thanks Butch. I had originally seen this watch for sale on the Chrono 24 website, and communicated with the seller then. I kept looking at this baby, and how it is so pristine without any scratches that I can see from the pics. I finally broke down and coughed up the $$$ to add it to my collection. What the hell, you only live once right? The seller is a very polite and professional individual in our communications. I am always impressed by people who can speak and write in two or more languages, and do so well, as Compi does. Now I have some NFL playoffs to watch! Cheers and have a great Sunday. LEX.

zaniac

Quote from: Butch on December 23, 2011, 03:04:19 PM
A man's price is a man's price. The buyer's may be different though.

I like what my grandfather used to say, "A man's got three prices, wantin, askin, and takin."

Good luck! I once sold a Zodiac 3 register chrono with GMT function for that price.

Butch, small world. I think I have your old GMT chrono. I got it from BWG a year or two ago and it looks identical to the one you have under "My Watches". I never noticed it until you mentioned it in this thread.
It's the highlight of my collection!
Chris

Butch

compi

Lex, the watch is on the way to Canada. Lot of fun with the ZODIAC   ;)

LexLoci

LexLoci

Arrived today! Wearing it right now. Still had the plastic protective covering on the case back...... amazing. Wound it up and its running well. Not a scratch on it! Literally like new.  :D

compi

I'm happy for you that you're finally in the possession of the beauty. I think she's in good hands with you.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign