News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Interesting SSW

Started by Butch, March 08, 2012, 08:25:05 AM

Butch

He says is is NOS and has a signed crown. I would need a lot more close up pictures before bidding on that though.

Interesting thing is that he says the crown is signed. I have never seen a signed SSW crown on a SSW. Nor has any watchmaker I have used over the years, as I always ask about this.

I am not bidding on this but perhaps the new owner will show up here and we can find out some answers. No matter what, this is a sweet piece.

Maybe Lex will buy it and present it to me for the fine web sites we provide?  ;)

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

First, he cant really back up all of the claims he is making on that watch.  For one thing, there is photographic proof in the listing that the box set and materials he has are not originally from that watch.  It says on more than one place that the materials are for the Day/Date Super Seawolf, which we have all seen before, and his watch is definitely not it as a Super Seawolf Chronograph is a different animal.  So, he matched the watch up with a box set that he bought somewhere else. 

Second, Butch is right.  The crowns on these were not signed.  They have a specific look about them, but they did not have anyone's logo on them whatsoever.

Third, that dial looks a little too washed out to be NOS to me.  Nowwwww, it could be his photos, but on a true NOS item I would expect the dial to be crisp, genuine, and appear as new.

I am sure he will get alot of bids on this watch, but I personally cannot truly buy into everything he is saying based on what I am seeing  :sho

Sea Wolf

The box says 1983.  Was this watch made in the 80's?  I have spent the morning trying to convince the
wife that this is a good investment and I was hoping that it had a nice low buy it now price.

I think we should trash any threads about this watch until it sells.  I am afraid this thread has already pumped the price
and is sorta a hinderance to my dream of buying this watch for a low price.

:yeller :compbr

ETA:  good catch UV.  The box is not original and the signed crown thing is strange.  I'm out, not buying.
Thank you!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Quote from: Sea Wolf on March 08, 2012, 10:04:16 AM
I think we should trash any threads about this watch until it sells.  I am afraid this thread has already pumped the price
and is sorta a hinderance to my dream of buying this watch for a low price.

Ultra-Vintage

Someone took the bait. Auction ended early......

Butch

It did not sell on eBay, the seller ended it early...

Sea Wolf

:wtf :yeller :compbr

:helpme
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

zaniac

Quote from: Butch on March 08, 2012, 11:45:33 AM
It did not sell on eBay, the seller ended it early...

Butch, did you purchase the watch?
Chris

Butch

No way! I said Lex needs to and then gift it to me.

LexLoci

Well, I am sorry Butch,  but it wasn't me that bought the SSW chrono.  Notwithstanding the crown issue and false claims, I would have bought it if the seller hadn't ended the listing early. 

I did purchase the last Favre Leuba Bathy 160 that was listed recently for $5500....for only $2000. It will go nicely with my Bivouac and Deep Blue.

Here's a pic:

zaniac

Quote from: Butch on March 08, 2012, 05:35:15 PM
No way! I said Lex needs to and then gift it to me.

I wasn't sure. You ended your post with ... so I thought that maybe you meant to surprise us with the news later.
I was in contact with the seller a couple hours before he sold it and asked him about the day/date inner/outer box and the crown. He said he was aware of the boxes saying that, but they're the boxes he got with the watch. He never answered anything about the crown. He told me he had an offer for $1,700. Guess he took it.
Also, did you notice the band? Just like the Kreisler that sold for $200+ a couple weeks ago.
Chris

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign