News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Pebble Dial - Orange Sea Wolf

Started by Sea Wolf, March 11, 2012, 06:59:58 PM

Sea Wolf

These Pebble Dial Sea Wolfs are getting pretty popular and the price shows.

"very very cool near mint original dial"
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Ultra-Vintage

They wouldnt lie to us on the 'bay, so "Pebble" must translate as "water-damaged" in some language, and we just dont know it  ;D

orangecorallimorph

Wonder when the new owner will make it here to this website....and post some- a-hem -"awesome pics"?
  :helpme :what

jon p

:wehe LMFAO!!!! these dial descriptions really are funny. i remember a rust colored white SW dial that was described as "tropic dial"--- whatever that is supposed to be! i have seen some pebble SW dials also and the black SW turned brown by the sun! isnt the bay creative!? the scary part is, there are a lot of people out there that do not know anybetter.

Ultra-Vintage

I almost forgot!!!  I have a genuine Pebble Dial!!!  I can't wait until I sell it for lots of money and become the envy of all my friends! ;)

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on March 12, 2012, 10:38:45 PM
I almost forgot!!!  I have a genuine Pebble Dial!!!  I can't wait until I sell it for lots of money and become the envy of all my friends! ;)

FYI, if anyone wants to make one of these "pebbled" beauties for themselves, I know the formula.  I got it from the genius that created this one lol

orangecorallimorph

U-V,
That is so beautiful and "Rare" is it "NOS" also?
Are those imported pebbles applied by a Master Watchmakers hand or are they just factory applied?
I bet you are the envy of the watch convention when you go and display that dial...!! ;)
:compbr

Sea Wolf

I just found a rare NOS pebble dial in my drawer.  Mine must be from another year than UV since he has more detailed pebble work.

The mystery continues.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Those are nice guys! I missed out on the shiny silver one on eBay and have been kicking myself in the ass for not buying it. Some say that it looked like all the paint had been taken off down to the bare metal with some chemical, and then the metal polished, but I STILL think that was a very rare special order dial.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: orangecorallimorph on March 13, 2012, 02:41:42 PM
U-V,
That is so beautiful and "Rare" is it "NOS" also?
Are those imported pebbles applied by a Master Watchmakers hand or are they just factory applied?
I bet you are the envy of the watch convention when you go and display that dial...!! ;)

It is pretty sweet, sooooo many people covet my "Pebble" dial  ;)

Mine was created, by a person that should have known better.  I bought the complete watch in a group of parts from another watchmaker.  I knew immediately that the watch was probably shot for the most part (the case and bezel looked nice, so those got used) once I saw the dial, and heard a roaming rotor banging against the caseback.  After buying the group of stuff I opened the watch up and looked at it, and like I thought the movement was a rusted mess, but the dial looked different, like it wasnt water damage but instead something else.  So, I asked the guy next time I saw him what the deal was with that watch. 
He told me that he bought the watch for parts, and was happy to get it because the case and bezel were excellent but the dial was MINT.  When he got the watch home he found out that the movement was terribly rusted, and was so corroded that he couldnt even get the dial screws out to get the dial off.  So in a stroke of genius, he decided to soak the movement and all in PAINT THINNER  :o
He decided that he needed paint thinner in the container level with the dial screws (just below the level of the dial), which is bad enough, but then he left it overnight.  Somehow, when he checked it the next morning the paint thinner was over top the dial.  So, paint thinner created the beauty that you see here.  I was actually surprised that it did not remove all of the paint, which it might have if it had been rubbed on after soaking, but since it didnt just dissolve the paint away it must mean that they used some pretty hardy materials to paint these.

This particular dial is truly a bright spot in my collection  ;D

L. Ocle

The post that was here was deleted by the author...  (me)... it could be understood in too many ways...

I'll try to practice double-meanings before writing in English and try to write straight, until I get used to kidding in a foreign language.

Sorry about that.

Butch

You're fine man!

Welcome to the VZ Team too!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign