News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

aerospace?

Started by smithrjd, April 18, 2012, 12:33:00 AM

smithrjd

Look like it might be worth the effort? Not an expert by any means. Bracelet does not seem correct to me but the watch itself looks OK. Expert help appreciated.  :helpme

Butch

Good condition, unsigned crown, inscribed. He says it was just serviced and that is always a good thing. It should go over $200. Band is not original.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:wehe       if you want a gmt this one IS NICE. it has the metal bezel, and even if the bracelet is not original to this model it IS A JB CHAMPION. that is really icining on the cake! i like this mesh bracelet, i have one on my 24 hr JET. you can get a zodiac crown, and either polish off the inscription or replace the back. serial ## is on the watch case between the lugs at six oclock so it doesnt matter if you replace the back. if it HAS been serviced that will save you some money. price is low, if i wanted a gmt now( i have 2 now, an early model and a later 2 tone model) i WOULD bid on this one. good luck, let us know if you win.

smithrjd

Butch, JonP,
                   Thank you for the info. I did see the engraving on the case back. Was not sure about the crown. Will see where it goes.. Pretty much have spent the watch budget getting mine serviced. $1200+ for the Seawolf, Omega Seamaster, and the Breitling Chronomat.

smithrjd

Well that one went for quite a bit to me at least. $355.00 Will have to decide if I really want a GMT vice a regular SeaWolf.

jon p

:agreei :agreei         it brought an average price for a good gmt . keep looking,there are always gmts for sale.

smithrjd

Well if it was serviced and a 1 year warrenty then perhaps a good buy. BWG has my yellow/black checkerboard Seawolf and the repair/service on that one was $315. It however does have the original band. Will keep looking, as I travel and the GMT would be usefull. Wearing a Citizen Navihawk right now, just don't really like the battery watches.. Old school I guess.  He also has my Breitling Chronomat with the GMT sub watch. Could wear that one again, it has worked for the past 15 years.

jon p

:ur :wehe       sounds like you have the holy grail of zodics ---- the yellow/black bezel sea wolf!! probably the  most rare version IMO!! i have 2 gmts, but to me the gmt hand is just for show, try a 24 hour JET if you want a true 24 hour zodiac. doesnt BWG do great work!

Butch

How many "holy grails" did Zodiac make? And who is responsible for maintaining the list for accuracy?

smithrjd

Haven't got them back yet, but should in the next couple of weeks. No idea how rare a yellow/black checkerboard is, but have only seen one other on the My watch page on this site. GMT's seem to be available, will have to see what a "Jet" is. Supposidely the Omega "soccer timer" is also a rather rare one, with the 861 calibre crono movement. 

jon p

:what :shuc   butch, we all thought YOU were the official holy grail list keeper!!!!!  holy crap, WHO has the list????

smithrjd

The Jet is an interesting one, would track ZULU time. Did not see how it would track two time zones however. Perhaps I missed something.

jon p

8)  the jet is just a military type 24 hour dial, was very popular with pilots when it came out. no 2 time zones on this one. people either love or hate it, if you dont wear it a lot it is dificult to tell time on!!

orangecorallimorph

Butch, you are responsible for keeping the "Holy Grail" list. Didn't you get that memo?

Butch

Yet another grossly over used term in horology. How can there be more than one?

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on April 22, 2012, 09:55:39 AM
Yet another grossly over used term in horology. How can there be more than one?

There are many......sooooo many.....

smithrjd

Well I am waiting until BWG gets these watches done. Will wear the Seawolf for a little bit, figure I owe it that. I sold a '63 Chevy Impala SS 409 when I went back in the Navy in '84 to a collector for less money than I was offered by by a rich dad for his HS son. The collector knew what it was and how few were still original. Kept that car for 15 years, wife got really Pizzed when her new car sat outside in a MN winter while the 409 was in the garage. Bad thing to say, but I had the car much longer than her.. Now 33 years, got a good one LOL. If I do decide to let the Seawolf go on I will post here first. It's not a money thing. I just may want a GMt more than the Seawolf.   :-\

orangecorallimorph

....... the search for the "Holy Grail" goes on.............. :helpme

orangecorallimorph

..the holy grail would certainly have $29.95 under it....but I keep spending all my extra on "$30.00 virgin's panties"...LOL! :shuc

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign