News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1972 SST with JB Champion band

Started by smithrjd, October 29, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

smithrjd

Just recieved an ebay watch, and have a question for the board. The watch appears all original, The band is a JB champion Zodiac marked 14 kt gold filled band. The odd thing is the edges of the band are bare SS, and it does not appear to be wear, the band states 14kt gold filled trim. Is it normal for the edges to be non plated?  The top and botttom of the band is platee as well as the clasp. The hinge is SS. The watch itself is 18kt electroplated. Its fun to watch the second hand run, almost like an electric watch.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

smithrjd

Here are some pictures, an ebay long shot at $56 think I did OK on this one. Running, quick change date. Just not sure about the sides of the band being SS and not plated.

orangecorallimorph

Looks really nice...as for the sides of the bands not being plated...I think that is pretty much the way that band was made.

I have a gold two-tone Champion band that is made just the same and that band is like nos so I think its normal. ENJOY!

jon p

great find! plating IS CORRECT. not worn off, deges were not plated.i have another type JBC bracelet that has gold trim, not plated on edges. good way to do it because edges wear first and look bad.

smithrjd

Thank you all for the information. Typical ebay listing for some, two very poor out of focus pictures and a discription that was vauge. Could not even see the band just enough to think was a JB Champiopn. It was really dirty, cleaned up pretty good. Now it's off to BWG for service.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign