News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

The ability to do proper Zodiac research is essential

Started by Butch, December 23, 2012, 10:45:33 AM

Butch

14k ZODIAC Autographic POWER RESERVE Watch 1950s Cal 1424

Let's leave the ridiculous asking price out of this discussion.

A friend and I were discussing this watch that is on eBay this week. He stated he had never seen the Autographic in 14K before which made me curious as neither have I. So I did a little research. The 50's catalogs do show a 14K version like this but with the traditional 50's Alpha hands. This watch has the hands from a 60's Zodiac. I did not see this model in any 1960's catalog. His serial number (777K) places this model from the late 50's. Who knows, perhaps during a factory service the hands were replaced to get rid of the radium hands. But that is not research, merely guesswork.

Anyway, my point is, it is important to do your research before buying something "you never seen before", even is it looks original to you.

www.ZodiacCatalogs.com is your friend. Do any of the VZ Team Members see anything in the catalogs I missed on this?

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign