News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT

Started by jon p, February 18, 2013, 09:07:21 AM

jon p

:butchLOL; :butchLOL;    ebay#400412056885     dont you think it might sell better if it was cleaned up!? looks like there might be a nice GMT under all that crud! dial/hands look good and the seldom seen pink/black bezel will probably clean up good, i cant see any breaks/cracks in the closeups!   zodiac bracelet looks like it is not original to this model BUT it IS zodiac. i think these came with the JBC "jubilee" style bracelet.  someone may get a good buy here, we will see.   :yeller

abzack

I've been watching this one and thinking the same thing.  I was actually hoping that its current state would keep the bidding low.   :sho

jon p

;D  it may stay low, dirty seems to turn people off!! a new crystal would make 100% improvement. i would guess it will need a lot of attention in the service area, if the outside looks like it does!! probably hasnt been cleaned in a log time . i cant tell if it is a push to set date, my gold/ss gmt has the same hands and IS a quick set. this auction WILL be interesting! i went back and looked at pics again, i dont think it is a quick set date---crown doesnt stick out from case. the quick sets always look like someone forgot to push the crown back in after setting!!!

pknopp

I would have a hard time bidding without seeing inside it.

abzack

I think its gone beyond what I'm willing to invest in this project.

jon p

sold for $202., really not bad for a GMT. another 150.+ for a cleaning/ restoration and some one will have a nice one with a seldom seen bezel color. i think just a general at home clean/polish would have made a 100% improvement in its looks. the original box does ADD to the overall value, i have seen the zodiac boxes bring $100. would love to see it after it is restored, restored GMTs bring some big bucks.

dmh

That box with all the original paperwork alone is worth the selling price of $202.50. The watch is just a bonus. I've seen a box like that without the paperwork sell for $218. I know cause I bought it.
Best,
dmh :lolz;

abzack

Hopefully the buyer will find this forum and share some photos.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign