News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Hello and old chronograph?

Started by N8N, March 06, 2013, 03:43:54 PM

N8N

Hi all, first post here as I do not currently own a Zodiac.  Looking for thoughts on auction no.

Opinions?  I love this style chronograph but am on the fence as to whether to go vintage or just get a Strela.

If I could have some reassurance that this was authentic it would make my decision a lot easier.  Should I ask seller for better pics of caseback/movement?

thanks!

Butch

UV knows more about these than I do and I am sure he will chime in.

The thing that concerns me, and this is not uncommon with those chronos from the 1950's, is that the movement is not signed Zodiac. They usually are. Makes me wonder if it has been swapped out.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

With the movement unsigned, the case unsigned, and the no definitive pictures of the dial; I would say it is put together.  A chrono from this time period would have had the movement and case signed Zodiac.  As for the dial, the pics do not allow me to tell if it is an aged original, or a redial that is old enough to have picked up some patina.  The safest assumption would be that it is an older redial, since it did not originate with that case and movement.
Considering those factors, it is honestly a $100-$150 parts watch.

N8N

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll pass or at least wait for the price to come down.  I kind of figured that there were issues with it seeing as it was still available, but it never hurts to ask.  Thanks again for the informed input.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign