News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT restored to its former Glory

Started by Butch, March 25, 2013, 08:55:40 AM

Butch

I just got this today....bd
=======================

Hello Butch,

Some time ago I posted a picture on your website of my 1968 vintage GMT which had been botched by a jeweler that did a repair on it about 40 years ago.  At the time you suggested that I purchase a running GMT for parts and have my watch restored using the parts watch.  You also recommended that I have BWG do the work on it because you had favorable results from them.  I followed your recommendation and I want you to know that I could not be happier with the results!  I asked BWG to retain as much of the "character" of my original GMT because that watch served me well through 2 tours in Vietnam and I wanted it as a keepsake.  The first picture here is of my original watch after the botched repair and the second picture is after the restore.  The parts watch that I bought was listed as having a gold plated bezel ring but when I sent it out to BWG he informed me that the bezel ring was actually gold, not just plated.  I asked BWG to hold the left over parts because I was contemplating buying another parts watch from which we could build another GMT using the gold bezel.  Did you notice here how I allowed myself to slide right into making another Zodiac?  You are right Butch; it's not for the meek! At my request, BWG built a beautiful GMT with gold bezel ring, an original signed bracelet which he polished to make look new again and he did a custom design on the dial face which depicts the ribbon from the Republic of Vietnam service medal with the inscription "RVN Class of 1968 & '70" to commemorate my two tours in country.  BWG provided me two beautifully restored GMT's which I am extremely proud of and will always treasure. Thanks also to you Butch for steering me in the right direction and for the good advice you provided.

Best Regards,

InCountry
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Cobber

Quite the stunner you have there. The ribbon really lends itself to the gold bezel. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Congratulations and thanks for your service.

Edit: I was viewing this on my phone and just realized the op was a copy of a letter written to Butch. Oh well, hope he reads this.

incountry

I received your post cobber and thanks for your comments.  It is quite a different looking watch with the ribbon and inscription. 

TJW

qudsia

We offer best quality 640-722 test papers and lean six sigma certification materials. You can get our ccna online

incountry

Quote from: qudsia on January 04, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
nice and good post
:welc   to the site and thanks for your comment. These two watches are in my weekly rotation and I wear each one at least two days a week. The GMT with the black leather strap has since been upgraded with a beautiful original stainless steel JB Champion Zodiac bracelet that I was lucky enough to purchase from VZ member DMH.    8) 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign