News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT with problems!

Started by jon p, August 10, 2013, 09:03:32 AM

jon p

:what    :wtf         ebay #321179945014 i wonder what the CORD and RATCHET are? what ever, they need repairing!! nice watch, looks like a push to set date movement. too bad the original JBC bracelet is missing.

incountry

I like the part about it being an auction but "IF YOU'VE A GOOD OFFER WE CAN CLOSE THE BUSINESS..........."
:dh

jon p

:woohoo;  yeah, i thought that was really funny !

Cobber

Ughh,
Jon, you're right. It is a nice looking watch but something is definitely getting lost in translation. I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what he's getting at. The ratchet kinda makes sense but the "cord"..., well, I give up.

jon p

:woohoo;  sold at 275.00, even needing repairs someone got a great deal on this one. i hope it was someone here. it appears that the gmt with solid gold bezel was only offered in 1971. it is too bad the original gold trimmed JBC bracelet was missing. about 2 years ago i lucked up on a complete one, excellent condt with bracelet. it is the pride of my zodiac collection. if someone here snagged it let us all know. i still wonder what is "wrong" with it!!

jmh86325

I got it and it will be on its way to BWG soon :pimp;
He should have a spare cord and ratchet

jon p

Quote from: jmh86325 on August 12, 2013, 09:52:26 PM
I got it and it will be on its way to BWG soon:pimp;

He should have a spare cord and ratchet
:woohoo; :ur :lolz;      glad to hear you landed this one, super deal, i know the seller did NOT KNOW what it was, you could tell by his posting he was NOT a watch guy! please let us know what is "broken", we are all waiting to hear. i picked mine up about 2 years ago, with orig. full length bracelet for $266. on ebay, it was only myself and one other bidder. again, you could tell seller knew nothing, it was the ONLY watch listed in many pages of dishes, housewares. etc. my luck, lost in the middle of a bunch of yardsale stuff! as far as i can tell this was a one year--1971-- offering for the GMT.if anyone has more info please jump in.

incountry

How about posting a picture of the one you picked up Jon?  We don't see the gold bezels much.
Thanks

jon p

incountry, camera broken now, it looks like yours except black dial. from what i can gather, the gold/ss GMT is pretty low production, two tone sea wolf was more plentiful. it also had gold hands and number markers.

incountry

Jon, did you check out this one? 200955904042

jon p

:sho        yeah, i saw that one, silver dial is nice, sounds like bracelet has some missing links if it only fits 7.5" wrist max. mine is full length, about 22 total links, probably fits a 9" wrist. this bid ends this evening, cant wait to see what it sells for, looks like everyone bidding are newbies, IE: low total  number of bids. :sho :sho :sho

jon p

:woohoo;           SOME ONE got a great deal at $315.00 on this one, i sure hope it was one of our members who will really appreciate it for what it is and get it serviced!! that was one decent buy, especially with the original correct bracelet. let us know if any one here got it, CONGRATS if you did!!

incountry

Can't wait to see that one once it is reconditioned; it should be a stunner!  Speaking of bracelets, BWG had to install an extension link on the clasp of my GMT.  Something to do with my fat wrist.... er....the links shrinking due to age!! :lolz;

jon p

incountry, did YOU get the GMT???  i have heard of the clasp extensions, they look to be very useful when you cant find original links.i have seen one that was spring loaded, nice feature.

incountry

No Jon; I didn't get the GMT, I was just saying it should look really great when the "lucky one" gets it back from being reconditioned.  The extension that BWG put on my GMT clasp is the spring loaded one and it adds up to 3/4 of an inch to the bracelet.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign