News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Type of Watchband??

Started by Ultra-Vintage, October 15, 2013, 10:59:04 AM

Ultra-Vintage

Ebay Item Number: 331005100367

What is the name for this type of watch band?  I know that they have been discussed before, but I could not find it.

Ultra-Vintage

I found it.  It is an "Olongapo" band, like what the US Special Forces and UDT wore back in the day.

jmh86325

info tidbit#26... Olongapo bands where made by the local craftsman from "liberated" flatware from the US bases :o

Also that item came from your neck of the woods...being a one stoplight town you probably know the owner :lolz;

Ultra-Vintage

LOL.  I should have known that, the local village would not have had flatware just laying around.

And yes, I did have to buy it because it was local.  If nothing else more than to make a point  ;)

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jmh86325 on October 15, 2013, 09:27:34 PM
Also that item came from your neck of the woods...being a one stoplight town you probably know the owner :lolz;

And how did you know that???  We desperately need that single stoplight to hold back the traffic tide...............of tractors :laugh:

dmh

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on October 16, 2013, 10:26:57 AM
LOL.  I should have known that, the local village would not have had flatware just laying around.

And yes, I did have to buy it because it was local.  If nothing else more than to make a point  ;)

In my opinion, you got a real deal. The original Olongapo band is almost worth what you paid for the watch and band. Originals are getting harder and harder to find. Plenty of reproductions out there. Prices on them range from about $150 to $250 and I'd much rather have an original.
If I hadn't just paid a $700 plumbing bill, you wouldn't have gotten it that cheap. LOL

jmh86325

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on October 16, 2013, 10:58:07 AM
Quote from: jmh86325 on October 15, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

And how did you know that???  We desperately need that single stoplight to hold back the traffic tide...............of tractors :laugh:

GOOGLE EARTH... :compbr...you have a few of my "kids" and i get separation anxiety :'(

gwells

the problem with vintage olangapos is that they're essentially custom fit. the new repros will be made to fit your wrist. if you get a vintage, there's no guarantee that it can be adjusted to fit you easily.

smithrjd

Yep custom fit, for little money back in the day. Just over the bridge from the main gate. I could go on but those who know, know..

jimmy325

Prices on them range from about $150 to $250 and I'd much rather have an original. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign