News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Here's one I made earlier.......;

Started by Melmoth, February 07, 2014, 12:34:32 PM

Melmoth

Check out this beauty! , 181319358075 . Seller says all original. Looks like a gold point case and dial with a red point bezel and god knows what type of glass. I'm gonna buy it!   :dancingbanana;

Melmoth

Wow, Butch beat me to it by like 60 seconds!!

Butch

I actually went through all the 90's catalogs. I do not see that bezel anywhere in them. I think it is from another watch company. Darned if I know how it would work on a Zodiac though.

UV collects chronos, maybe he will have see this bezel before and can enlighten us. I have to admit, I like the bezel in this auction better than the one that came on this model.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Melmoth

If I remember correctly its the tachymeter bezel from a red point chrono, there were two types, the traditional dive bezel and a fixed tachymeter type.

If you look at the watch in the middle from this link  from watchuseek http://forums.watchuseek.com/f89/wtb-zodiac-red-point-chronograph-610388.html

Butch

If you like. Please do not take the following the wrong way. I just want to clear this up.

You guys need to understand, I do not use pictures on the Internet. I use the official Zodiac Catalogs, that is after all why I buy them. And in quickly reviewing the six 1990's catalogs on www.ZodiacCatalogs.com I did not see THAT bezel in any of the catalogs. Period. I could have missed it, I could be wrong, but it's not worth the effort to search it again. If one of the VZ Team Members wants to, great.
8)
Now, back to the auction watch. It was the bezel on that auction watch that caught my attention in the first place. The nice thing about the 1990 models is that the model number is on the back and easy to find in the catalogs. THAT model number on the back of THAT auction watch, per the catalogs, has the wrong bezel on it.
8)

Butch

I cannot find it but I think Sea Wolf owns a 406.40.14 that he swapped the original case out for a NOS TT case he bought on eBay. SW, if you do, can you find that thread for me and post it here?

UV may have one too.

Ultra-Vintage

I am trying to look at the chrono and truly evaluate it, but unfortunately, but I cannot seem to focus on anything but how dirty his shop is in that last picture!  If I repaired watches in an old open tobacco barn, I would still have a cleaner bench than that!  ;)

Ok sorry, back to the auction.

I do think that it is possible that the bezel may be Zodiac but from another model like someone else had said, but why in the world they would not at least put it on straight is beyond me.

Whoever buys it will likely need to have it serviced not too long after receiving it.

Butch

BTW, the seller believes it to be all original.

Butch

Melmoth, this is the correct TYPE of bezel for the watch we were looking at.

Melmoth

Hi Butch, yep that's it alright. I actually have that exact model nos in my collection, starting to look a little small but considering most chronographs are now pushing 44-45mm this 40mm zodiac feels a little dainty now. Heres where the other bezel came from...

Cant see this model in any of the 90's literature either but there were a lot of them floating around 10 years back, for a lot less money. People are starting to look for crazy money for a watch with hollow end pieces, acrylic glass and an undecorated movement.

Butch

Huh. I know that one, I have it. I guess it was the middle ring that threw me off. But that outer bezel does not go with that watch.

Whew. Glad we cleared that up, I kept returning to it and looking and thinking and drinking....

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign