News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1971 Seawolf - can't set time

Started by seabrz1, March 13, 2014, 11:12:13 AM

seabrz1

Hi,

I am new to the forum and am soliciting a little advice on my watch. I am the original owner and was bought in 1971 or 1972 - I can't remember. The band has 2-71 stamped on the clasp which I assume is the manufacure date.

It has set in a drawer forever, and when I pulled it out to wear while my Sub was being repaired, it didn't work.

When you pull the crown out to set the time, it rotates fine, but the hands don't move. There is no resistance when you try to manually wind. The date quickset works fine. It doesn't run.

I dropped it off at my watchmaker for evaluation, but am curious at what he may find.

Anyone else have these symptoms? If so, what was the problem?

Thanks,

Lou

Butch

Yes, the canon pinion is shot. Chances are your guy is not gonna be able to fix it and will want to replace it. The parts are not available any longer. Welcome to the Zodiac world!

OK, OK, that was harsh. Please review the Watch Repair tab and then look in the BWG area of the forum for more information.

:welc
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

The proper answer is that it can't be fixed and you must sell it to me!!! :butchLOL;

BTW... :welc

seabrz1

Actually, that is the plan. I haven't worn it since my dad gave me a Rolex Sub in the late 70's.

I still have both the inner and outer boxes and was going to list them on eBay to defray the cost of my new Rolex mainspring after my guy fixes the Zodiac. I almost peed my pants when I say just the boxes go for a $169 a couple weeks ago.

Butch

Fully serviced, with the band, in the boxes, and you will fetch enough to fix 2 rolexes.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign