News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

"Near MINT "

Started by Butch, March 22, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

Butch

As bad as " near or almost NOS"

:#banghead

Mint condition:
(a phrase I always avoid)

Mint condition describes the overall state of collectible products, such as coins, comic books, baseball cards and action figures. The term is used as part of a wider scale to gauge how beat-up an object is and thus how valuable it may be to a collector. Mint condition usually refers to objects kept in pristine condition. In many cases, only "perfect" condition---used to denote objects still in their original packaging---is ranked higher.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dmh

You forgot to mention " sensitive automatic movement."
I doubt if the seller can take credit for the "Near Mint " term.
Timezone along w/ PMWF use it as an accepted watch description in their silly grading system along with these.
LNIB
Mint
Near Mint
Excellent
Very good
Good
Fair
Poor
Scrap / Parts

Near Mint (per Timezone grading system)
Showing very light signs of wear. Faint scratches on the case, bezel, bracelet or buckle are visible to the naked eye. Completely original in every way. Strap shows light use – may be bent or lightly creased, but not stained. Bracelet may be resized. The watch is working perfectly, keeping very good time and needs nothing. 93-96%

I'm gonna have to think about " sensitive automatic movement." for awhile. LOL

Best,
dmh

Butch

Who died and made TZ king of watch collecting? I have never liked their rating system is what I meant to say.

dmh

I agree 100%. :agreei I've seen new watches that won't meet their top grades, yet they won't allow new watches to be listed.
But, you have to admit, they do get the exposure and no selling fees unlike eBay.
Best,
dmh

Butch

jon p

:SB: :butchLOL; :lolz;  aw,come on guys, it has to be THE guide to grading the condition of watches, after all it IS on the internet !        :#Clapping :sici

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign