News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Straight Jacket Required!

Started by Ultra-Vintage, April 23, 2014, 11:15:33 AM

Ultra-Vintage

If I thought this guy was batsh*t nuts when he first listed this watch for $100K+ a while back, I see that there are other people in the same boat now that the bidding is over $18k.  This watch is in very nice condition, but I am not 100% on it being NOS as that is probably the most abused term on the net (near mint and NOS are not the same thing).  A few years ago there were a couple of these (in nice but NOS condition) that went for $900-$1100.  I will agree that those were bargains, but this is a $2500 or so watch at best.  However, once you throw the names of other overpriced chronographs into the mix, and then also add the whole "Heuer Myth", people get stupid on pricing.

Just because someone tells you that something is extremely valuable does not mean it is....  ???

incountry

If you look at the bids it made the leap from 2610EUR to 13,400EUR in ONE day. Yep, straight jackets all around. :lolz;

jmh86325

so i can advertise my Wakmann as a Heuer made too?  :sici

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jmh86325 on April 23, 2014, 04:34:59 PM
so i can advertise my Wakmann as a Heuer made too?  :sici

At this point why wouldn't everyone do it that way?  They are getting huge money out of some of these watches based on a made-up story, so why should they be the only ones making the profit?

Butch

The moral need to tell the truth and be honest?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

...i read it on the internet so .....it must be true :compbr

Ultra-Vintage

And now it looks like the previous auction was a sham, as he has relisted at a high buy-it-now price.  I am just shocked that it is relisted and that the previous auction was a fraud....... :compbr

Butch

He does not want to sell anything, look at his other items.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

HA HA.  I had not looked at them before, but now it all makes sense.  If you translate the questions from his Zodiac triple date chrono auction, it says that he wants so much for that watch because he knows what it is and what it is truly worth and that everyone else is wrong.  As they say, "ignorance is bliss"  ;D

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign