News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

zodiac hermetic aerospace jet 24h - Watch crystal

Started by asj24h, May 27, 2014, 04:14:14 PM

asj24h

Hi, I'm new here but I've owned a zodiac hermetic aerospace jet 24h for the last 14 years.

Last week I foolishly cracked my watch's crystal :yeller and since then I have been looking all over the internet trying to find information about what size/ type/model of crystal this watch takes, sadly I have yet to find an answer.

Could you please help me BWG?  :BGW:

My goal is to try to find a NOS crystal.   

Thanks for the help! :helpme

Ultra-Vintage

Unfortunately I am not going to be much help on this one.  I have never seen a NOS Zodiac crystal for this model.  Actually, I have hardly ever come across any NOS Zodiac crystals except for the Astrographics and a few other special models.  When restoring these I use a Swiss made domed crystal, which is what it would have had originally.  That would be my suggestion as a replacement as it would be hard to determine a "genuine" Zodiac crystal in that they were made by another Swiss company for Zodiac and not marked.  The only identifier would be a sealed Zodiac package marked "758", which I have never seen either in all of the NOS parts I have bought.

asj24h

Hi,

Could you tell me what size and type of Swiss made domed crystal I should buy for this model? because my local watchmaker shops are have "trouble" with it.

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: asj24h on May 30, 2014, 05:10:24 AM
Hi,

Could you tell me what size and type of Swiss made domed crystal I should buy for this model? because my local watchmaker shops are have "trouble" with it.

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

It should be a 30.1 or 30.2 PHD type crystal.  You could go with a thicker style of crystal the same diameter as well, I often do for this model.

If the shop you are taking this to does not know what domed crystals are then I would take it to someone else.  Dome-type crystals are the most common ones most watchmakers use for vintage watches.

asj24h

Thank you for taking the time to write and for all the information!!  :ur
I will update after I'll replace the crystal :D

Thanks again!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign