News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Is this what I think it is?

Started by Saloonkeeper, June 30, 2014, 02:16:50 PM

Saloonkeeper

I didn't bid on this one but I watched and it got a lot of action. Eventually, the watch sold for $405.00 to a lucky bidder. Does this model have a gold plated bezel? It also looks like it had the original two tone Zodiac bracelet on the watch. Are the links on the bracelet gold toned or gold plated? Here's the link:

edited: Read the :#Rulz!  251569868225

FYI.........I am really loving this site.

Thanks,

Don

jon p

HI DON, i saw this one also, it IS the 2 tone SW, with original JBC bracelet.fairly rough condt, dirty.  bezel IS 9KT solid gold, note this one is CRACKED at 4:00, not good! the bracelet links are plated as is the clasp. it doesnt run so you would be looking at 2-300. to restore/service it and return it to its original glory the gold bezels were thicker and more square edged than the regular chrome plated one. it looks like the hands/dial markers are SILVER, this model is supposed to be gold color. i dont know if a transplant occured or what. take a look at my 2 tone GMT in the member sales, i will never know if it was actually born this way or someone during its life altered it. the sea wolf are pretty common but the GMT apears to only have been made one year ---1971 catalog is the only one that shows a 2 tone GMT. how bout a gold/ss gmt, i can fix you right up!! :wehe

radzod

I bid on it but up to about half of what it went for. To my eyes, the hands look gold. Will watch out for that in the future. Pictures are poor resolution. Good catch on the crack in the bezel. Totally missed it. I've come around to the non-date version as being more elegant.

Saloonkeeper

Thanks guys! I didn't know the bezel on this model was solid gold. That's interesting and cool at the same time. I didn't notice the crack in the pics until I scrolled down to the bottom and saw an additional comment. Someone had sharp eyes and must have asked a question. The hands looked gold to me, also.

I actually prefer all stainless watches and have had my eye on Butch's all stainless GMT for sale. I have bought a few too many watches lately so I am resisting the urge.  :lolz;

jon p

:wtf :wtf   must be my tired old eyes or my monitor, the hands should be pale gold color, sounds like they ARE! MY BAD. i have never seen a bezel cracked like that, makes one wonder how that happened!! :sici :sici

Saloonkeeper

I looked at your two-tone GMT, Jon P, and it is a very nice watch. I have purchased four Zodiac's in the last month or I might seriously consider it!

I was wondering if the Seller on Ebay tried to pry off the bezel to get to the movement and broke it. It sure looks like someone tried to pry it off.

jon p

keep my GMT in mind, please. i have never seen a cracked bezel like that. i think you are correct, prying on it to get it off--woops! the BACK snaps off to get to the movement, but some one may of not realized that due to lack if holes for a screw off back tool!! the bezel usually takes a GENTLE pry to get it off.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign