News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Questions on this Sea Wolf

Started by radzod, July 01, 2014, 12:10:27 AM

radzod

This is one of the styles I'd like to find at the right price.

I'm not sharp enough to pick everything out on this particular listing. The pictures are good and varied so there are plenty of angles. To me, I see bezel scratches, dings near 12:00. Normal patina. Would prefer an original metal band. Otherwise, dunno about the service or what else to nit-pick on this.

One question that arises, after looking through a series of the catalogs is how do you tell the year for a style like this that spanned what seems to be almost a decade? I suppose the S/N is a big clue. Are there small feature changes I'm missing?

jon p

i wonder what it sold for, seller accepted an offer. mid-late 1960s ,no date beautiful original dial/hands. i bought a date model like this when i was in army basic training at ft benning GA in the PX ,may of 1968. with metal band, $55.00!! wear on bezel plating is typical, it is brass with chrome plating. BWG can re plate these like NEW. too bad original bracelet was missing, it came with a stainless steel JB champion made in USA !  all serial ## records were LOST when zodiac changed owners a few times. current "zodiac" mfg knows nothing about the vintage watches and wont even discuss them with you! they know NOTHING about the vintage watches. this forum is THE PLACE to get info and we have butchs watch guy as a member AND our go to watchmaker. he is the vintage ZODIAC guru. :BGW: :BGW: :BGW:

radzod

Thanks jon p. I guess the length of the serial number is a real clue as to 1960s or 1970s.

Normally on EBay you can take a search and check the sold box and sort by price and the OBO items will get slotted in at the price they sold for, so you can narrow down the offer price. I don't see that one coming up yet in the search, but there's sometimes a delay. It definitely shows as having taken the best offer.

radzod

It now shows up in the sold listings and if you sort by price, they took a $300 offer from the looks of things. Gets slotted between $307/incl shipping and $250+59 ship and shipping was $8 so that really narrows it down.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign