News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

What's wrong with this picture?

Started by Butch, July 02, 2014, 08:25:59 AM

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Saloonkeeper

You got me, Butch. I don't have a clue. I will say that as a new vintage enthusiast, I have noted that most watches sold on the bay are overpriced since most have never been serviced and/or don't operate. I could amend that by saying that most of the overpriced watches that have not been serviced don't even sell. It's like the sellers on the bay want full price for a watch that needs servicing.

I am guilty of, at least, buying one watch like the above comment. It's going to BWG next week. I am waiting on a bracelet to include with the watch.

Don

Butch

It just amazed me when I looked at it this morning and saw all those prices. I really do not know how people can get started collecting watches at these prices. In the 90's I could buy a beat up SW on eBay for $25.00 and then restore it, but not now a days.

Saloonkeeper

I agree 100% with you, Butch. I am officially a very enthusiastic newbie when it comes to buying, wearing and collecting vintage watches. I have always been a history buff and had bought a couple of books on vintage watches years ago. I bought a Submariner about seven years ago and it has been my daily wearer (until now).

I renewed my interest in vintage watches a couple of months ago and jumped on the bay and bought three Sea Wolf watches. I grossly overpaid for one of those watches which needs a servicing and is going to BWG next week. I probably "slightly" overpaid for the other two.

I have now changed my whole philosophy on buying vintage watches. I would rather buy them here, on Vintage Zodiacs, where they are owned by collectors and serviced by BWG. Where there are knowledgeable people willing to help you navigate the world of vintage watches. Not that I might not pull the trigger on a good deal on the bay if the opportunity presents itself; however, the bay sellers are looking for suckers with the prices quoted. I don't buy Heuer's.

:SB:

Butch

jon p

:SB: :sici :#C  i was real impressed by the $999.00 GMT, WOWIEE! i cant sell my 2 tone for $500.

jon p

:SB: DON,    this IS the BEST place to buy a QUALITY zodiac, you are 100% correct. honest people with top of the line watches! :woohoo; :#Rulz

Iktomi

Quote from: Butch on July 02, 2014, 09:54:44 AM
In the 90's I could buy a beat up SW on eBay for $25.00 and then restore it, but not now a days.

:what 25 bucks for a Seawolf? Man, I sure wish I had started collecting in the 90s  :sici

jmh86325

And it gets better!

"The movement is working when worn however you can not wind or set time, this could easily be replaced".

...a bit of an understatement.....all that for a BIN of $450

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign