News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sales

Started by smithrjd, July 06, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

smithrjd

I recently sold several of my vintage Zodiac's. Was a bit surprised at the prices they went for. A World Timer in decent serviced shape $329. An early serviced unmolested GMT for $250.  A good Olympos with box for $144, and a serviced 1955 Glorious for $214. Would have thought they were worth a bit more. To me the GMT was the best of the lot. It went to Austria, the Olympos to Sweden the others to the US.  Seems to be much more interest from overseas than the US on vintage Zodiacs. Still have a few more that I will keep.

Butch

Ask the guys here, they all say "if it ain't a SW, it ain't sh|t." Yeah, I saw those. I was 2nd highest bidder in the WT, it would have gone for less.

I like them all and I wear most of them.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

radzod

I think vintage Zodiacs may need to be treated like cars of the same vintage. What you put in may not be what you get out monetarily, but if you can look good, there's value in that.

Ultra-Vintage

I watched those auctions and the buyers got a deal.  For the most part Zodiac prices are up, but they can be all over the place too.  For whatever reason some auctions don't get the last minute bidders that really drive them up

Butch

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on July 07, 2014, 11:31:11 AM
I watched those auctions and the buyers got a deal.  For the most part Zodiac prices are up, but they can be all over the place too.  For whatever reason some auctions don't get the last minute bidders that really drive them up

Having done this for many years I have found that sales are very slow in the summer. Perhaps it is the vacations and they are not looking on eBay. Or they are saving all their money for the vacations, I dunno.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

incountry

Here's a link to an article about e-bay on Ken Rockwell's photo gear website.  He spent a lot of time researching e-bay activity and he put the info in this article; it might give you an edge when buying or listing your stuff.  It was beneficial to me when I was clearing out some of my photography gear.  If your a photo nut you'll enjoy his website too; lots of how to articles and product reviews.  ;)

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/ebay/

smithrjd

I did a little better than break even, but the ones that were serviced cost about $150 each. I did not have that much in some of them to start with, but the GMT and the World Timer to the best of my knowledge are not that common. Yes none were a Sea Wolf. Not in It to make money, that rarely happens. Of all of the vintage cars that I have owned and restored I only made money on one, A MGCGT believe it or not. I got a parts car for a song and sold the parts for three times what I paid. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign