News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

red bezel?

Started by jmh86325, July 27, 2014, 09:45:47 PM

jmh86325

never seen this variant before  ... 131249334121

jon p

:what :wtf  i am with you, i thought i had seen them all, BUT........ this is a 1970s sea wolf and someone has tried to relume it, zoom in on dial. the red bezel just doesnt look right, from what i have seen/heard the plastic insert is about impossible to remove and re do. maybe someone has figured out HOW to do it. markings LOOK factory. i bet BUTCH/ UV  will jump in to solve this mystery!!

Butch

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/SeaWolf.php

This is the 2nd one like this I have seen now. Reaffirms that I don't like it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

HUMMMM, maybe just a difference in the lighting but the gallery watch looks orange and the ebay one looks red! these are new to me, i am with you Butch, not the best looking sea wolf i have seen!! cant wait to see what it goes for. i do kinda like the ones that had the red or yellow checkerboard bezels, looks KOOL.

incountry

I'm with you Jon; the lume on the dial just looks funky. Like it was smeared on.  And yes Butch; I don't need to see this one again to know I don't like it. Once is enough for me!  :what

Iktomi

Man I'm not digging the look of that watch.

Butch

Gonna make you guys work for this as it took me 5 min. with the search tool. Here is a bezel story I tell once in a while.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,1978.msg8517.html#msg8517
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

Butch,
Thanks for walking us back in time. That entire thread was an enjoyable and informative read even though we got off track toward the end.

jon p

:sici  yeah, we did kind of go off on a tangent there, didnt we!! MASTER pulled all the grasshoppers back in line though.

incountry

Jon, did you say we went off on a tangent or we got off target??

jon p

:sici :rofl :#Clapping      GOOD ONE FOR SURE! yes, BOTH.  someone paid a lot for that red bezel!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign