News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Chronograph... Authentic or......?

Started by whatsyoursign, July 28, 2014, 06:03:20 PM

whatsyoursign

Would appreciate the forum's thoughts on this one.  Currently on auction on the 'bay.   It was represented to me as authentic, however I would like some more expert opinions.  Thanks in advance for your help.

161348143759   <= :#Rulz

Butch

Looks real enough to me, but it is sold. Here is another at 161372932033
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

whatsyoursign

Quote from: Butch on July 28, 2014, 07:59:20 PM
Looks real enough to me, but it is sold. Here is another at 161372932033

Thanks Butch, very sorry for posting the direct  link improperly in my previous post!

And thanks for pointing out this one -161372932003 -  which looks good, right, even though movement and caseback unsigned?

Saloonkeeper

Yeah, I have that one on my watch list. It will be interesting to see what it goes for and it does look nice, to me. It is already getting to the point where I will most likely not participate given my affinity for buying Vintage Zodiacs the past couple of months.

gaimrox

This one doesn't look right to me at all. Can someone jump in and comment as to the authenticity of this specific watch?

I own a watch that is very similar to this one, some notable differences are the hands, the caseback styling, movement stamp and finally the caseback itself is not stamped either.

To me it looks like someone bought a cheapo 7733 watch and simply replaced the dial...

Thoughts?

Saloonkeeper

I'm not an expert but I can point out a couple of things. The same seller listed both of the watches in the above threads. The first one that sold had nicer hands; the movement was signed and the dial had the Zodiac logo. The second one (which is up for sale right now) doesn't have the same sub-dial hands, no Zodiac logo on the dial and the movement is unsigned.

Butch

Guys, I did not look too closely at them, just the models. Someone can check the catalogs to confirm dials and hands. To my knowledge, with the exception of the solid gold cases, Zodiac cases were "always" marked, if not on the outside then inside the case back. And the 60's and 70's models had case reference numbers inside too.

UltraVintage is an active chrono collector and probably the best thing we have here for an expert.

I actually have a model like this. If BWG will ever get it finished and sent back to me I will post it in the For Sale section.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign