News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Good parts watch;)

Started by Cobber, July 30, 2014, 12:09:23 AM

Cobber

With all the mismatched parts catagorized nicely in and around an old Sea Wolf case that's been dragged behind a car. 

Iktomi

Butch

Good catch! I did not look at it that closely when first listed, but it has definitely been put together with spare parts. Funny, I seem to remember that seller doing a lot with Zodiacs in the past.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Cobber

He should have sold the parts.  I would love to have that gilt dial for safe keeping.  People are always looking for the hands.  Bezel insert is in damn fine condition as well.  Not sure if the outer bezel is restorable. Unless the winner buys this to pull it apart they're going to be pretty bummed when they figure out what they got, at least I would be.  Chancy move by the seller.

Butch

I did not say the seller was the one that put this together from parts.

Cobber

No you didn't. Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. From seller's description I kind of assumed he knows better. He's aware the parts aren't original but either by design or ignorance he leaves out that they're not correct. He may well be completely unaware that it's a mismatch.
I often make assumptions I might be better keeping to myself. I really just wanted to post incase one of the newbies was looking at this.  If I maligned the seller and he sees this, I apologize.

Butch

I don't think so Cobber. The truth is simply just that. Presentation is everything though.  ;)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign