News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

”new Zodiac owner”

Started by Martin - DK, September 09, 2014, 07:10:32 AM

Martin - DK

Hi Guys

Let me introduce myself my name is Martin im 39 years old and i live in Denmark.
About a month ago or so I was doing some heavy duty cleaning and came across my father's old watch. I decided to learn as much as possible about the watch an my search lead me here.
The watch is an vintage sea wolf automatic just like the one one the picture below, I can remember him wearing the watch when I was a little boy so I know that its an mid 70´s watch or before. Is there any way to be more precise ?

I´ve been looking around this magnificent forum for a few days now and as far as I can gather the wolves with shovel hands or arrows are a bit rare, is this wrong ?

The watch is currently with an watchmaker for an overhauling and later today i´ll pick it up an then my father's old watch will be doing what it was built to do 

jon p

:welc :ur :pimp;  welcome to our forum. your watch is a 1970s vintage sea wolf and looks to be in great shape. good move getting it serviced, now you will have many trouble free years of enjoyment from it. one hint, even after it is serviced do NOT swim in it, even with fresh seals the vintage watches can leak. if your watchmaker can water test it have him do that also, but i would not get it wet.

Martin - DK

Hi Jon
Thanks for the welcome, the watch on the picture is not mine but identical to it.
I will upload an picture of my watch tomorrow.
Do you think we could narrow it down in regards to when this specific watch was made ?

And what about the arrows are they as rare as i am telling my self?

Martin - DK

Updated my wolf is the bottom one.

jon p

sorry ,but all production records were lost when zodiac changed hands in 2000. early to mid 1970s. not really rare, that style dial and hands were available for a good time after the 1960s sea wolfs left the scene. i believe i have seen the same watch with a blue dial. too bad you dont have the original bracelet, maybe you can luck up on one later. one of our members here--dmh-- usually has a lot of  zodiac bracelets.

incountry

:welc  Martin!
Click on the members link and then go to page 17 of the members list to find member dmh.  Once you locate dmh click on the envelope and you can e-mail him directly with your request.  He recently had bracelets for the Sea Wolf and GMT models posted for sale on this site and he may still have one or two left. I bought one of his bracelets for my GMT and it looks beautiful.  Good luck on your mission!   

Martin - DK

Thanks guys you have been most helpfull.
:cool;

Now that we´re talking bracelets anyway, wich style of bracelet was originally on this watch leather or ?

jon p

Quote from: Martin - DK on September 10, 2014, 04:08:40 AM
Thanks guys you have been most helpfull.
:cool;

METAL BRACELET was original with your watch. look in "my watches and gallery" to see pictures.
Now that we´re talking bracelets anyway, wich style of bracelet was originally on this watch leather or ?

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign