News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD: Zodiac Sea-Chron Valjoux 72 Chronograph from early 70's

Started by dmh, March 04, 2015, 01:32:20 PM

dmh

This watch is NOT a "Poorman's Heuer".
                                                                        There is NO such thing.
                                            That term was invented by  "EXPERTS" on a Heuer watch forum.
                                      Their thinking is all chronographs of a certain vintage were made by Heuer,
                                                Re-branded and sold to all other watch manufacturers.
                                           These "EXPERTS" claim to have proof, but are unwilling to share it.
       TRUTH is all Swiss watch manufacturers assembled parts made by others.

This watch is a ZODIAC Sea-Chron assembled by ZODIAC.

Offering my very nice seldom seen Zodiac Sea-Chron manual wind chronograph with Valjoux 72 movement (same as vintage Rolex Datyona). Keeps very good time,winds, sets fine and chrono hands reset straight up like they should. Comes on a brand new 20 mm Black NATO strap.

Measurements:
39 mm w/o crown
45 mm lug to lug
13.9 mm thick
20 mm lugs

From  the 1971 Zodiac Catalog:

Underwater chronograph, 17-jewel, stainless steel case, water resistant to 660 feet, shock resistant, 1/5 second, 30 minute and 12 hour registers in white, luminous black dial and hands, 2 pushbuttons, anti-magnetic, tachymeter scale, rotating bezel with minute calibrations.

Price is $1899  shipped in the US.
Will consider shipping International for additional shipping $.
Paypal preferred, but other payment methods may be acceptable.
email
USAsgtE5@gmail.com
Thanks for looking.
dmh

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

dmh

What do you think this is ???  Walmart !!! :rofl

OOPS !!! Sorry about that. My ad did say "Paypal preferred, but other payment methods may be acceptable".

My Mission Statement
"I'm always open to offers on anything and never insulted as long as you're not insulted if I turn it down."

Best,
dmh

Ultra-Vintage

Someone should pick this one up.  This model is one to have, especially with the rarer gray bezel in that nice of condition.  I would be all over it if I didn't already have one!

:twothumbsup

Butch

So dmh, the consensus is that everyone loves your watch but is a  :cheap
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on March 05, 2015, 01:07:49 PM
So dmh, the consensus is that everyone loves your watch but is a  :cheap

:agreei   ;D

You know me well enough to know that I am cheap, but this is not one of those times  :nosmily

I have 2 of this model, one with the gray bezel like this one and the other with the black colored bezel, or else I would be trying to negotiate on this one.

IMHO (for what it is worth), this is one of the top 2 must have Zodiac chronographs (the other being the Super Seawolf Chronograph), neither of which have identical models from any other maker.  As previously mentioned, it has the much more rare gray bezel in very nice condition, which is a big plus as well.

dmh

:SB:  SALE FOLLOW UP w/ probably uninteresting trivia.

The Sea-Chron found a new home in California via eBay.

Offered here & SCTP several days before listing on eBay.
During the active eBay listing:
4 messages wanting to know if i would sell off eBay
2 answered
2 unread until after sale

After being listed for 12 hours  Views-106   Watchers 6
After being listed for 14 hours  Views-152   Watchers 6
Sold after 17.5 hours
Packed & Mailed 4 hours later

Probably a good thing it sold.
I was planning on listing it with the same ad over at that Heuer Forum later the same day.

Best,
dmh

BTW : Thanks for all the nice messages & emails

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign