News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Help me identify a vintage Zodiac!

Started by Artaman, March 06, 2015, 12:18:18 AM

Artaman

Hi everyone.  First time poster here.  I recently picked up this vintage Zodiac.  I fell in love with it instantly, although I wasn't actually sure of what I was getting because I haven't seen a Zodiac like this before.  Of course I knew where to turn for help though....

My best guess is that it's from sometime in the 40s.  I'm attaching 5 pictures below.  Thanks in advance for your help and insight!   :ur 

Butch

Late 40's or early 50's manual wind dress watch. Looks to be in nice condition too.

If you do not know the service history be sure to read the Watch Repair tab above for info on this.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Artaman

Thanks Butch!  So just put this in the category of "dress watch", as it does not have any further distinction (i.e., these weren't given names)?  Do you know if this is a rare watch?  I haven't seen any Zodiacs like it (except for http://jacktreasure.blogspot.com/2009/03/vintage-zodiac-military-mens-watch.html, which is similar).

With respect to service history, I have no idea.  Although it keeps great time, I know it should be serviced.  I have a few watches that need to be serviced and am just not ready to face facts on how much it's all going to cost me.  I need to get on that though!

Butch

Most of their dress watches did not have "names". It is rare in that you do not see them very often. Is it valuable? No, no one collects them except for you and I. Hang around here long enough and you will understand that one.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign