News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Newbie - 60's GMT Questions

Started by Coroner, March 27, 2015, 08:58:13 PM

Coroner

Hello, I just received my first Zodiac, a 60's GMT.  Band is stamped JB Champion.   My Dad had one when he was in ther service, so it,s cool I have one now. It appears all original, case back, and stem have logo.

So, a couple questions; does anyone know model year and if it "looks" right?  The bezel seems stuck, any tricks to getting it to rotate?Instructions on remove links?

Thank you for any feedback.

incountry

:welc

Congrats on your find Coroner.  I'm not sure of model year; maybe one of the other guys can fill you in on that. What I will suggest is if you do not know the service history of the watch you should send it out for a service, they can also free up the stuck bezel for you.  Check out this link on the site that will give you info on service for your watch.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/board,8.0.html

Butch

That looks to be an early 1960's model. As Jon said, if you don't know the service history get it serviced before wearing it IF you want it to last.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Coroner

Thx for your replies and support.   I guess its time to contact BWG.

jon p

:welc :ur :wehe  nice find! very early 1960s, note the SKINNY hands AND red arrow tip gmt hand. the later models had wide blunt hands. I have one of these early GMTs, a black dial. the silver dial is less common than the black. the stuck bezel is common, most people never move it and it gets dirt and crud under it. you can free it up with a tiny bit of alcohol applied around the edge and gently moving it a little at a time. you need to get BWG to service it. original JBC bracelet is a fantastic find, I hope it is full length, should have a total 21-22 links. restored watch should be worth at least $500. bracelet links can be very difficult to remove, there should be enough adjustment room in the clasp so you don't have to remove links. I have a very small wrist but I still can get a good fit adjusting in the clasp only. :twothumbsup

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign