News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Looking for Vintage Sea Chron Bezel...

Started by Zeit-Kraft, April 15, 2015, 11:01:11 AM

Zeit-Kraft

I'm servicing a vintage stainless Sea Chron for a client and the bezel and insert are missing. I've been looking on eBay with no luck. Anyone have any parts like that for sale on here? If you do, or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Please message me with any questions, or info you may have.
Thanks a lot!

dmh

Ultra-Vintage

You could wait years to find one of those in useable condition, not a common watch to begin with.......

Zeit-Kraft

I realize that, and the customer is also aware. But I gotta try. I know that many of the cases used back then for the Valjoux 72 movement were interchangeable with other brands. Usually just the Caseback and crown, and bezel insert would be the only brand specific pieces. So I'm trying multiple avenues.

Zeit-Kraft

Just look at this poor gal! Let's get her back to 100%
I'll make sure to post pics when is all finished.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Zeit-Kraft on April 15, 2015, 06:30:42 PM
I realize that, and the customer is also aware. But I gotta try. I know that many of the cases used back then for the Valjoux 72 movement were interchangeable with other brands. Usually just the Caseback and crown, and bezel insert would be the only brand specific pieces. So I'm trying multiple avenues.

Whether you could ever find something generic to fit I am not sure.  Bezels are often so specific that it is either the original or nothing (unless someone glues it on or cobbles it together poorly).  As for the Sea Chron, it is a one piece bezel, there is no insert, held on by a tension spring  It is anodized aluminum and either came in silver or black (the silver is more rare).  There is no other model made by any other maker that I have ever seen that is like it, especially not for a watch using a bezel as large as it takes for the Sea Chron case.  The last nice bezel that came up for sale a year or two ago went for between $300 and $400.

Zeit-Kraft

I hear you on the rarity, I also figured it would be that expensive. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign