News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

What seems "reasonable"?

Started by RuggerAl, May 05, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

RuggerAl

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a few days, put a bid on a Zodiac and found this wonderful community after the fact.  But now... I've been outbid, which might be a blessing in disguise.

The watch looks clean, no red flags jump out (the touch up of dates in the chapter ring isn't a deal breaker).  Is the price appropriate?  There are similar watches going for more BIN.

Any advice would be appreciated.  New to watch collecting in general, and brand new to Zodiac, I've wanted a triple date moonphase for a while, and this seems to be a great piece, as in affordable with a solid reputation (hard to source parts aside).  I'm a fan of the even patina on the dial, and after looking up some photos here, it seems the hands are original, as this look differs from the normal Zodiac aesthetic.

Was just outbid by $3, currently $330, and the auction closes in 3 hours...

Cheers

RuggerAl

So three hours wasn't realistic to get a response.  Ended up selling for $366.  Still curious about the time piece though and folks opinions.  It was a 12S manual wind caliber, don't know much more than that.  It's a good looking piece, the upkeep and scarcity issues stopped the wonton bidding war.  So for the enthusiasts, what's the value for this piece and expected future upkeep costs?

Cheers

Butch

That watch went for a song if it was indeed fully serviced and everything worked on it. A service on those runs $300 w/o parts. You have picked a very expensive watch to go after. They ran run as high at $1,000.00 depending on condition and if serviced.

Another bit of advice, quit bidding them up. Read up on eBay Snipe programs and get one. Put an auction into the program and give it your highest price you are willing to pay for it and then forget about it until you get the email that says you won it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

Butch did you mean to put that many zero's

"They ran run as high at $1,00000.00 depending on condition and if serviced."

Butch

OK. OK. A SLIGHT exaggeration then. (fixed)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

Quote from: Butch on May 07, 2015, 08:29:58 AM
OK. OK. A SLIGHT exaggeration then. (fixed)

Crap!....I went from early retirement to 4 day stay at disneyland :twothumbsup

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

Will always be others, go and look again.

Saw a couple of nice one, cheaper also...

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign